Who'd be your #1 to play from each conference ?

Thread off the MWC board.

http://www.mwcboard.com/www/forums/index.php?showtopic=3663

My druthers as the #1 team I'd like for the Mean Green to play from each conference are:

Big 10 - Iowa (Fry connection) cool.gif

Big XII - Texas Tech (because of past results - 4 wins in 8 games) cool.gif

Big East - Louisville

ACC - North Carolina

SEC - Georgia (Changed from Georgia Tech rolleyes.gif )

PAC 10 - California

WAC - Louisiana Tech

CUSA - SMU

MWC - TCU

MAC - Toledo

Indy - Navy

Edited by MeanGreen61

Thread off the MWC board.

http://www.mwcboard.com/www/forums/index.php?showtopic=3663

My druthers as the #1 team I'd like for the Mean Green to play from each conference are:

Big 10 - Iowa (Fry connection) cool.gif

Big XII - Texas Tech (because of past results - 4 wins in 8 games) cool.gif

Big East - Louisville

ACC - North Carolina

SEC - Georgia Tech

PAC 10 - California

WAC - Louisiana Tech

CUSA - SMU

MWC - TCU

MAC - Toledo

Indy - Navy

My MWC choice is USC

Since I was a jack ass - here's my picks

Big 10 - Penn State - Joe Pa might get comfortable and just drop on the field from boredom

Big XII - Kansas - The coach is liable to eat part if not all of our coaching staff

Big East - West Virginia - because I've always wanted to see a riot

ACC - Boston College - we could win if they are in the midst of another gambling scandal

SEC - Tennessee - Fullmer might rat us out on any violations we might have swept away

PAC 10 - Oregon State - playing the Beavers might appeal to the casual fan

WAC - Idaho - so Erikson can crash his car into our team bus.

CUSA - Army - so we can all feel awkward rooting against kids who will later die for us (Runner up: Southern Miss, so the athletic staff can visit their families.)

MWC - UNLV/NM - because you can never tellthem apart right away, and when you do catch them on TV it ends with "Damn it, I'm watching New Mexico."

MAC - Directional Michigan - so we can settle that who belongs below 110 thing once and for all

Indy - Notre Dame - so we can have a GG cheesy pun post on Mean Green and Irish and Shamrocks and some such.

Here are my picks.

Big 10 - Indiana -- Only team in the Big 10 NT could hope to beat.

Big XII - Iowa State -- They're pretty good but I think we'd have a chance, Nah. But I think we could get them in a home and home series.

Big East - Rutgers -- I'm pretty sure we would be competitve with these Jersey boys.

ACC - Maryland -- I just like saying Terps.

SEC - Florida -- I'd like to see Taylor Casey's Brother.

PAC 10 - USC -- Goes without saying.

WAC - Hawai‘i -- What a road trip!!

CUSA - SMU -- I hate them.

MWC - TCU -- See SMU.

MAC - Buffalo or Kent State -- A win, YES an out of conference victory, no matter where we play.

Indy - Temple -- Another out of conference victory and I think they'd draw a decent crowd.

you make fun of some one for having the wrong team in a conf.

I'm all about you calling me out, but you could construct your sentence like someone without down syndrome?

Big Ten --Penn State No place like Happy Valley in the fall

Big XII --Nebraska ...before they get good again

Big East --UConn Grudge game with my cousin

SEC -- Alabama My last road trip there was great

Pac 10 --Stanford No. Cal and a chance for a win

WAC --New Mexico St Good to play an old friend

CUSA --SMU 'nuff said

MWC --TCU

MAC --Toledo

Indy --Notre Dame

I'm all about you calling me out, but you could construct your sentence like someone without down syndrome?

Actualy quonester, your sentence should probably be finished with a period rather than a question mark. Should be:

I'm all about you calling me out, but could you please construct your sentence like someone without down syndrome?

or

I'm all about you calling me out, but you could construct your sentence like someone without down syndrome.

No charge for the grammatical assistance. biggrin.gif

Actualy quonester, your sentence should probably be finished with a period rather than a question mark.  Should be:

I'm all about you calling me out, but could you please construct your sentence like someone without down syndrome? 

or

I'm all about you calling me out, but you could construct your sentence like someone without down syndrome.

No charge for the grammatical assistance.  biggrin.gif

I'll throw in my expert, professional opinion: Actually, although Stan's correct about the punctuation, Down Syndrome is a proper noun - which means you should capitalize it. biggrin.gif

I'll throw in my expert, professional opinion: Actually, although Stan's correct about the punctuation, Down Syndrome is a proper noun - which means you should capitalize it. biggrin.gif

The UNT Criminal Justice Department can just kiss my ass then - I'm so unprepared. laugh.gif

NATE

to the D -O - double G

Guest GrayEagleOne

I'd like to play mostly those that we've never played and/or would be competitive with (well, reasonably so)...

Big 10 - Illinois

Big XII - Iowa State (can't beat any but they're the only one that we haven't played)

Big East - Syracuse

SEC - South Carolina (about out of choices here)

Pac 10 - Stanford (never know whether thay'll have their A game)

ACC - Georgia Tech (it's a family thing)

MAC - Kent State (but it wouldn't draw flies)

CUSA - SMU (have to break my own set of rules here, but if I couldn't it would be Tulane)

MWC - Hawaii (helluva road trip)

I'd want to play teams with which we could develop a rival-type relationship. This obviously requires that we be competitive, have some history involved or have a recruiting motivation.

ACC - North Carolina. Hardly a good choice here, but at least the marketing (UNC v. UNT) writes itself. In a good year, competitive.

Big 12- Texas Tech. There's history, a state school rivalry, and we've been either competitive or lucky in the past. Call it the 380 series.

Big East - South Florida. Recruiting.

Big 10 - Northwestern. We'd have a chance at being competitive, and exposure in a big market.

CUSA - 4-way tie. SMU, UTEP, Houston and Memphis all offer compelling reasons.

IND - Notre Dame. Thanks for the paycheck, watch NBC.

MAC - Northern Illinois. A good matchup for the last several years. Both are "north" and both are 30 mins. outside of major markets. An interesting idea.

Mountain West - TCU. Easy.

PAC 10 - Bottom-six pick'em. No real advantages to any mid- to bottom team in this conference.

SEC - Tennessee. Some history, good exposure and a decent way to piss off MUTS.

WAC - NMSU. Plenty o' history. Good matchup.

ACC - North Carolina. Hardly a good choice here, but at least the marketing (UNC v. UNT) writes itself. In a good year, competitive.

You should work for the ticket office.