Where did you graduate high school ?

calvin

I've never checked but have been told we're the only High School with 2 Heisman Trophy winners, but 3 would still be cool.

WWilson is the FIRST high school to produce two Heisman winners, but not the only one. I don't the the name of the school but Marcus Allen and Ricky Williams are alumni of the same high school in San Diego.

Those are the only 2 high schools to produce multiple Heisman winners.

Edited by Baby Arm!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWilson is the FIRST high school to produce two Heisman winners,  but not the only one.   I don't the the name of the school but Marcus Allen and Ricky Williams are alumni of the same high school in San Diego.

Those are the only 2 high schools to produce multiple Heisman winners.

Ricky Williams went to Patrick Henry HS in San Diego and Marcus Allen went to Lincoln HS in San Diego. I think you are right that there is a school in California with two Heisman winners but neither of those two are it. Terrell Davis went to Lincoln but did not win a Heisman.

_________________________________-

Found it in in Wikipedia: ---

Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California produced John Huarte (Notre Dame-64) and Matt Leinart (USC-04), but Woodrow Wilson High School in Dallas, Texas produced the first combo with Davey O'Brien (TCU-38) and Tim Brown (Notre Dame-87)

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

What is funny to me is how much R.L. Turner didn't like Smith, and how little people at Smith really cared. Either that or we didn't know how to really respond in a "rivalry." I think the only year someone actually did something, it involved spraypaint, baseball bats, and dead animals in Turner's FFA Ag Barn.

Our homecoming dance I think was cancelled. Band, of course, still got ours because we had a seperate one due to the fact that we always had a marching contest on the night of the school's dance.

Ricky Williams went to Patrick Henry HS in San Diego and Marcus Allen went to Lincoln HS in San Diego.  I think you are right that there is a school in California with two Heisman winners but neither of those two are it.  Terrell Davis went to Lincoln but did not win a Heisman.

_________________________________-

Found it in in Wikipedia:  ---

Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California produced John Huarte (Notre Dame-64) and Matt Leinart (USC-04),  but Woodrow Wilson High School in Dallas, Texas produced the first combo with Davey O'Brien (TCU-38) and Tim Brown (Notre Dame-87)

My mistake or confustion blink.gif for some reason I though it was the Allen/Willlams combo.. but I knew it was a SoCall high school.

Denton High School (1964, long before there were two) . . . the last game of the 1963 football season was cancelled because . . . yep, you guessed it, the JFK assassination . . . I was not only a member of that team, but also a sportswriter for the school paper, so I researched UIL rules and as best I could figure out, the cancellation officially gave a split between the two teams, so our final record was 4 1/2 - 5 1/2, although you'll never see it listed that way, anywhere.

Guest JohnDenver

Now, that is funny!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

What year did this happen?

I grew up in Carrollton ... I remember hearing this as well. Someone spray painted an cow (I think) the colors of the rival school. The animal died.

That is how my vague memory recalls it.

I grew up in Carrollton ... I remember hearing this as well. Someone spray painted an cow (I think) the colors of the rival school. The animal died.

That is how my vague memory recalls it.

It was more than that - the douches vandalized the entire thing and just slaughtered most of the chickens and other small animals.

Comedy at its highest form.

I agree Screaming Eagle-66, people who have never spent in time in West Texas just don't understand the total obsession with football. In Abilene, the junior high games were on Thursday nights and they were just smaller versions of the high school games; pep ralles, bands, cheerleaders, homecoming (yes, in junior high). "Friday Night Lights" only gives a glimpse. You have to experience it for yourself, but the true glory days are over, though AHS has been very successful the past few years. Unfortunately, I was there during the heyday of abilene cooper. My parents still live outside of Abilene and there's been talk lately of consolidating the two high schools and building a new facility due to falling enrollments.

GMG!

I agree Screaming Eagle-66, people who have never spent in time in West Texas just don't understand the total obsession with football.  In Abilene, the junior high games were on Thursday nights and they were just smaller versions of the high school games; pep ralles, bands, cheerleaders, homecoming (yes, in junior high). "Friday Night Lights" only gives a glimpse.  You have to experience it for yourself, but the true glory days are over, though AHS has been very successful the past few years.  Unfortunately, I was there during the heyday of abilene cooper.  My parents still live outside of Abilene and there's been talk lately of consolidating the two high schools and building a new facility due to falling enrollments.

GMG!

There is nothing else to do in West Texas, why not?