What's wrong with the Mavs?

I don't understand...I think defense (what they've relied on so far) has let 'em down.

Well, I think maybe the let up in the 4th of the Suns game. But, I don't think anything is wrong with them. Not going to bag on them too much for losing to 2 of the top 3 teams in the west.

Well, I think maybe the let up in the 4th of the Suns game.  But, I don't think anything is wrong with them.  Not going to bag on them too much for losing to 2 of the top 3 teams in the west.

Yeah, but now they've lost all their credibility...but then again, maybe that's what they're going for, and maybe I shouldn't lost hope yet.

I dont think the mavs can beat the spurs or the suns in a series in the playoffs, and for that reason, I dont think this is the year for the mavs...

in the last month, they have gotten down by 20+ at home to 2 bad teams... granted they won one of them, great teams dont get down by that many points to inferior teams. To have any hope of a successful post season, Dirk has to show up, because he certainly didnt last year

The Suns are just a better team and they are showing it now.  When Stodamare gets back into the lineup it will be the end of the Mavs dreams for the playoffs!

wink.gif

You all are the same morons who thought this year's men's bball team was the greatest ever assembled back in November. No need for expert commentary.

Amore Stodamare could dominate Shak O'Nell - that's for f'n sure.

• Downvote 1

The Suns are good. Stoudemire isn't going to be what he was or could have been after the injury from what all the experts are saying. There are other ways to beat Shaq as well.

I think the Mavs have a legitimate shot this year, even after dropping 2 in a row to the highest ranked teams in the west. It doesn't really matter how they are playing now, but it does when they get to the playoffs... and they will get there.

If they lost credibility with you for that, I don't know what to say. Did the Spurs lose credibility when they got spanked by the Mavs earlier in the season? Or when Phoenix lost the previous 2 times during the season?

This is a quote from ESPN's Power Rankings:

"Mavs were due for a couple Ls. The greater disappointment is that now, no matter what happened before SA and PHX, they'll be subjected to all the old criticisms."

Didn't take long to hear all the old criticisms I guess.

The Suns are good.  Stoudemire isn't going to be what he was or could have been after the injury from what all the experts are saying.  There are other ways to beat Shaq as well.

I think the Mavs have a legitimate shot this year, even after dropping 2 in a row to the highest ranked teams in the west.  It doesn't really matter how they are playing now, but it does when they get to the playoffs... and they will get there. 

If they lost credibility with you for that, I don't know what to say.  Did the Spurs lose credibility when they got spanked by the Mavs earlier in the season?  Or when Phoenix lost the previous 2 times during the season?

This is a quote from ESPN's Power Rankings:

"Mavs were due for a couple Ls. The greater disappointment is that now, no matter what happened before SA and PHX, they'll be subjected to all the old criticisms."

Didn't take long to hear all the old criticisms I guess.

Maybe I kinda expected a let down a bit...I'm feeling a come back!!

Go Mavs!

Go Mean Green!

The Pistons might as well go ahead and mail it in too, they have lost 2 of their last 3 to the Lakers and Nuggets.

sounds good to me, cause I dont think anyone can hang with the most boring (and the most bored) team in the league, Los Spurs. They always kick it in during the playoffs, and I see little reason why they wouldnt do it again.

Dirk needs to play like a 7 footer. Thats part of the mavs problem, IMO

You all are the same morons who thought this year's men's bball team was the greatest ever assembled back in November. No need for expert commentary.

Amore Stodamare could dominate Shak O'Nell - that's for f'n sure.

don't call oldtimer a moron, he's a Phoenix resident which makes him a Suns fan.

Jerkoff.

I think people underestimate just how important a healthy Josh Howard and Devin Harris are to this team.  They'll be back...they can't be expected to win 20 out of 21 all the time.  We get spoiled so quickly.

Bingo!

I think the Mav's have a lot of depth and because of it, I believe this will be the year for us! Well, just as long as they all stay healthy..

don't call oldtimer a moron, he's a Phoenix resident which makes him a Suns fan.

Jerkoff.

I called everyone a moron - thanks for proving the point.

Liking the Suns doesn't make you dumb, nor does knowing Stoudamire's fruity little nickname. I can even do the long forgotten Quentin Richardson Q goggles hand sign - second in gayness only to the jon Barry "3 down low."

The only common thread between all you people is your "in-depth" basketball talk on this board. I think maybe 4 or 5 people on this board know what a pick and roll is (and do discuss basketball quite well - watch them, they make the real points on every thread) - but please, keep on discussing the NBA when the complexities of handicapping Sun Belt Basketball escape most of you...it gives me something to laugh at when Johnny is busy.

Calling someone a jerkoff isn't very nice and its good to know Eagle60 and Oldtimer are the same guy. I heard they are both really Bruce Bell. Thank you for defending their honor....

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

The Suns are just a better team and they are showing it now.  When Stodamare gets back into the lineup it will be the end of the Mavs dreams for the playoffs!

wink.gif

KOBE = GOD!!!

The Suns ARE awesome.

Nash deserved the MVP - he has made many more MVP-like playoff plays than Kobe or Dirk - that's for sure!!!!

KOBE

KOBE

KOBE

KOBE

KOBE

I hope everyone enjoy celebrating the Suns regular season in this thread - it was a great one.

• Downvote 1

It should have never come down to this...but Nash AND Diau were calling time out with no response from the officials.

What REALLY sucks is that while Dallas and San Antonio (right? blink.gif ) are battling it out for one of the spots in the Western Conference Finals, the Lakers and the Clippers (the 6 and 7 seeds) will be battling it out for the other.

KOBE = GOD!!!

The Suns ARE awesome.

Nash deserved the MVP - he has made many more MVP-like playoff plays than Kobe or Dirk - that's for sure!!!!

KOBE

KOBE

KOBE

KOBE

KOBE

I hope everyone enjoy celebrating the Suns regular season in this thread - it was a great one.

I eat crow on this - let that be a lesson to all you Laker fans - never trust an acquitted rapist to close a deal.

Nash is still no MVP - maybe MVWP

• Downvote 1

Were the SUNS awesome in Game 7 or what!!! Nash was his usual all-Star self but Diaz and especially Leandro Barbosa were fantastic! Those two guys coming off the bench put the Lakers out of it. The whole town here is pumped regardless of how the next round goes.

There was a sign at the first game last night vs. the Clippers that read, "Beat L.A. Again."    Tickets are selling for up to $1,000 for just one game.

How do Phoenix fans have time to make signs when they are booing every foul call like it is the world's greatest injustice?

• Downvote 1