Friday Practice Report

mad dog

Bryan is working out with the team. My source is very close to Bryan.

Well, FWIW he was listed on the 05 roster as wearing #73.....of course, so was Drew DuBose.

But since Chris Miller #52, Jason May #64, Ephraim Patterson #69, and Robbie Vanderslice #77 are all gone, Bryan could have decided (as players often do) that he liked any of those numbers better.

I want to set the record straight on this. I am the one who made the mistake. I apologize to the fans but it was truly an honest mistake. I was looking at a player that looked a lot like Cullen Mills and was wearing the exact same number. There is no roster guys, so sure we have to make some assumptions. Illuvius was just taking my lead on this.

I typically have been able to memorize every player on the roster with some exceptions. Illuvius has probably surpassed me at that now. So we take knowing the team and who the players are very seriously. Not having an updated roster makes this extremely difficult at times.

And no, we don't go up to every player and ask them who they are. We try to be as unobtrusive as we can - most D-I programs have closed practices to websites. We've also had limited access due to the weather cancellations.

To Cullen - we appreciate the info, thank you for your contributions and wish you the best. Also congratulations on your impending graduation. Don't be a stranger on the board, you've been a part of this program for awhile and we appreciate your insight.

Where does Shawn Early fit into the 3-4? Will he be competing with Graves for the WOLB spot? Is he practicing?

I'd imagine Shawn Early will give all of the guys a run for their money. Although he currently is not practicing, I got a look at him in a jersey, sweatshirt, and baggy pants, and I STILL could tell that he's gotten bigger.

If he has totally healed up, he could dislodge anyone except maybe Eddrick Gilmore, who seems to have something of a unique spot in the defensive alignment. Gilmore is just big enough to be an asset along the line in run support and just quick enough to come off the edge as a pass rusher. He's very tall and I remember how well he caught the ball back during freshman two-a-days in August, when they tried him out at TE. If he's gotten even a step quicker, he could be a monster in a short zone coverage, especially against those really annoying pesky 5 yard ins and slants that have diced us up for the past two years.

There is no roster guys, so sure we have to make some assumptions. 

Thanks Harry for the reply. I appreciate the practice reports because I want to know how things look out there when I can't see it myself.

Why doesn't Athletics put out a practice roster on their site? Didn't they used to in the past for Spring plus a practice schedule? Another wasted opportunity for fans to get excited about football again. They should encourage fans learning who players are and might even try to sell some tickets ala Idaho in the spring. dry.gif

I like the nickname, but his real name isn't John.  biggrin.gif

That's what makes it good.

He's the unknown QB arbitrarily assigned a name... John Doe, Johnny 5.

EDIT:

And more on his actual abilities...

I have not seen him play. BUT, while Prince did play in a QB rotation in a primarily running offense at Kilgore, it's worth noting that he holds the career passing and TD marks at Spring Hill with 4,691 yards and 41 TDs, including 2188 and 22 TDs his senior year.

Prince also developed a system with Jamario to prevent his dyslexia from confusing him on the direction a play would run.

Edited by Monkeypox