GoMeanGreen Bowl III

medpilot21

Okay Mean Greener's, Here we go. This post contains the timeline, deadlines, and info for the game. The dates as they appear here are concrete, so please understand we had little room to play with based on the availability of Fouts Field. If there are any questions, please contact me, Hope24, or Emmitt01 and we will get an answer to you as quickly as we can.

Game Info: The GMG-Bowl-III, benefitting the Andrew Smith Scholarship Fund, will be played at Fouts Field on April the 8th. Pre-game activities will start at 10:30AM with each team warming up, and the game begins at 11:00. Your referees for the game are Cody Strange and Texas Stranger. These guys have done this for the last two years and have done a great job. Your honarary Grand Marshall for the coin toss is no other than our own board founder and Administrator...HARRY. He will also be playing for the first time, so this should be fun. The game will have two 30 minute halves, with a 15 minute halftime. The captains for each team will be selected by Emmitt Jackson. I verified yesterday that Stebo has already been selected as the Green team captain. Emmitt will announce on this thread who has been selected as the White team captain. We will have two surprise coaches who will be on each team's sidelines for the game. After the game has completed we will meet at the 50 yard line for the awards presentations. Both Teams will have team photos taken before the game, and the winning team will have their picture taken with the new trophy.

Shirts: After the draft has completed and any trades or changes are made to the rosters, the shirt order will go in. Please watch for the deadlines for getting your info and orders in for the shirts. (posted in deadlines below) The shirts this year will have the Andrew Smith Logo on the front, and your name on the back. No number this year as the sponsor will have his ad info on the back of the shirt. We have had some complaints about the lettering coming off of last year's shirts, so there will be a different supplier of the lettering this year. I'm told they do a very good job. A thread will be posted showing the names of those who have paid. Please assist us in getting the money in on time, and verify your name is posted when you pay.

Rules: Eleven on Eleven game. This is a Flag Football game, and most of us have played the last two games. All flag rules apply, meaning contact is limited. Any removal of a flag constitutes a tackle. If a flag should fall off while running your route, you are still elligible, but you are considerred down at the spot where you make the reception. No contact is allowed with exception to the hands for blocking, and Cody will go over those rules with the team captains prior to kickoff. Each team must have a female on the field when the opposing team has a female playing. There must be at least one series each half when each team has a female quaterback. Substitutions are made at the discretion of the team captains. EVERY player must play for at least one series in each half of this game. ALL players are elligible receivers. There is a THREE SECOND count before any rush can occur. This count will be enforced by the referees, so make sure you count out loud.

Finally - The referees are the law during this game. Any questions relating to calls, spots, time, etc... must come from a captain or coach. No challenges are allowed from the players. The referees are the final authority and what they say goes.

Fees: right now, we are looking at a $15.00 per person, which covers the shirt and participation fee.

Timeline

Feb 26th: Bio's and participation responses due. Shirt sizes and names wanted on back should be included. Emmitt will have White team captain selected by that time if not earlier. Shirt info must be posted no later than draft night if it is not in your BIO.

March 2nd: Live draft. Proctored by Emmitt with both captains making selections based on draft rosters. Any trades or changes will be made at that time. We will already have your sizes and now team colors, so the shirt orders should go in the next day. Fee payments start here...

March 13th -17th: Spring Break

March 19th: Fees due ($15.00 per person..includes shirt and player fees)

April 7th: Comittee walks field and dinner

April 8th - GAMEDAY

10:00 - Tables setup for Awards and shirt handout.

10:20 - setup cones with Referees

10:30 - Walk field with referees (check for any hazards or open spots in turf)

10:50 - Coin Toss with coaches, captains, and honarary Grand Marshall (Harry)

10:55 - Moment of silence for Andrew Smith

11:00 - Kickoff

11:30 - Halftime

11:45 - second half begins

12:15 - game ends

12:20 - awards presentations and photos.

As always we are all in this for the fun, but let's not forget the good we are doing. This event gives all of us a chance to give back just a little more. We help the athletes who go out every saturday in the fall to do something special for us and the university. Thanks again to Harry for creating a place for us to bond, vent, and remember our fallen heros. Andrew Smith will always be in our hearts...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in!!!

Bio: Gutsy, no holds bar player who has hands like velcro. While never intended, playing dirty is not beneath me! The opposition better watch out for this feisty red head! When push comes to shove, this marching Mean Green fanatic will be devoted to her team and will do anything to win.

Shirt: GreenBrigadeDebbie XL

Bio: I grew up on the mean streets of North Carrollton. AFter passing up Division I-A scholarships to Miami, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and USC, I ended up walking on with Southeast Mudflap State University in sunny Mudflap Vermont. I was a two year letterman for the Southeast Mudflap Plover Hens at Quarterback and Defensive Tackle. I was cut from the roster and expelled from the university for doping allegations. Twenty five years late, I am ready for vengeance.

Shirt: Illuvius

Number: 32

Size: XL

Bio: Played 9 seasons on the bench, very slow but I could cut a rug fairly well during the after game dances in High School. My two stepping abilities earned me a partial grey-to-black-shirt ship to play for the Ima Tellin' You Univeristy Battlin Worms, but I turned that down to pursue my degree in Business Undecided at North Texas. I have quick reflexes with a pick ax, certified in CPR and can always remember to keep the tank-to-pump lever open so that water actually comes out the other end when needed.

FirefightnRick...........Large

Rick

There's really only one thing to know about me....I caught the go ahead touchdown last year for the white team.....I'M CLUTCH....AND TALL (6'6")....AND LOVE AMSTEL LIGHT!

RADIOGREEN

XL

Edited by radiogreen

Emmitt

Bio: You need only know two things about me.  First, if I'm covering "radiogreen" last year that go ahead touchdown would have been the nail in the coffin INT return for a touchdown.  Second, GIVE ME THE DAMN BALL!!!

Large shirt...unless the guns won't fit and then an XL  biggrin.gif

Emmit, football isn't the only sport that you've had blown coverage on me!!! laugh.gif I can't wait for the game...but what happens if we're on the same team???

Medpilot21: Ex-high school player who has a feel for offenses. Moves well in the pocket, passes well downfield, and plays good defense. Last years game had 2 catches, threw 1 touchdown pass, 2 td passes dropped, and two int's. Helicopter pilot who shows no fear, and looks danger in the face. (well, except for that time an Iguana snuck into my helicopter...no bravery going on there)

Looking for a win...and a tall rum punch.

GMG!!!

I'm in too...

BeanCounterGrad'03's bio:

Coming into this year GMG Bowl, BCG is looking to make magic happen. In the former WWF superstar's rookie effort, he only had two catches for 385 yards, but it should be noted that he was playing with a bruised spleen. He removed it later that evening and ate it for dinner so that should not be a factor this year. In the off season he added 143 pounds of muscle to his previous 175 lb frame and grew 18" taller to top out at 7'6". Look for him to stand out and make a few more game breaking plays this year.

BeanCounterGrad03

I'm in too...

BeanCounterGrad'03's bio:

Coming into this year GMG Bowl, BCG is looking to make magic happen.  In the former WWF superstar's rookie effort, he only had two catches for 385 yards, but it should be noted that he was playing with a bruised spleen.  He removed it later that evening and ate it for dinner so that should not be a factor this year.  In the off season he added 143 pounds of muscle to his previous 175 lb frame and grew 18" taller to top out at 7'6".  Look for him to stand out and make a few more game breaking plays this year.

BeanCounterGrad03

Oh, yea...BCG usually wear's a large t-shirt on each arm and an extra large American flag around his torso. But give him a large for this game and he'll find a way to make it work...like he always does. cool.gif

Meangreendork #17, S (Or "MGD" if the full name won't fit. Which reminds me to grab a few of those after the game.)

Bio:

Speed kills, or at least it can make you look kinda foolish. Racked up another year of IM football at DT and LB with a total of 6 sacks and numerous hurries. Also played as 2nd RB, scoring 2 TDs for the season. Thanks to the additional time in the gym, MGD now weighs about as much as a bottle of beer by the same name. Plans to wear excessive amounts of athletic gear such as thin armbands, forearm sleeves, sweatbands, and an extended neck pad for no really good reason. Expect to see some breaking of the sound barrier on his first carry, or at least breaking of some wind.

*Doesn't do well covering receivers over 6'4" while also somehow supposed to be covering the middle zone.*

I guess I will play....

My Bio is pretty simple....

2-Time GMG.com Bowl Winnning Quaterback....any questions?

TUNZ - XL

Further bio info for those that don't realize who I am.... Quaterbacked the Green Team in GMG Bowl I to a massacre victory over the elderly white team....after the game was in hand i moved into the slot reciever position just so medpilot could get his shot to stop me....ask how that went for him....i think the insurance is still coverin' that injury....GMG Bowl II....Came out sluggish but the second half looked very similar to the Play of Ben Roethlisberger in the Indy game or the Denver game...you choose....I am growing the Roeslisberger beard for the game if the female permits...yeah i am a rough and tough flag football player but the female has a say in the facial hair...gotta make her happy since i graduate in May and DEF. wont find a job.... All in All...If you are looking for an arm...Pick me....If you are looking for speed...pick Emmitt...that pretty much seals the top two picks in the draft....

Is that good enough Med?

I guess I will play....

My Bio is pretty simple....

2-Time GMG.com Bowl Winnning Quaterback....any questions?

TUNZ - XL

Further bio info for those that don't realize who I am.... Quaterbacked the Green Team in GMG Bowl I to a massacre victory over the elderly white team....after the game was in hand i moved into the slot reciever position just so medpilot could get his shot to stop me....ask how that went for him....i think the insurance is still coverin' that injury....GMG Bowl II....Came out sluggish but the second half looked very similar to the Play of Ben Roethlisberger in the Indy game or the Denver game...you choose....I am growing the Roeslisberger beard for the game if the female permits...yeah i am a rough and tough flag football player but the female has a say in the facial hair...gotta make her happy since i graduate in May and DEF. wont find a job....  All in All...If you are looking for an arm...Pick me....If you are looking for speed...pick Emmitt...that pretty much seals the top two picks in the draft....

Is that good enough Med?

Good stuff... added you to the roster.

med

With my first post on GMG.com i declare myself eligible for this years draft.....I would like to thanks my family my friends and most importantly my hands...without them i wouldn't be where i am today. I love me some me! Coming off my...I mean...my teams first ever all campus championship in Co-ed Flag football i realized how high my stock in this draft would be and decided to skip my last year of eligibility for this amazing competition. Standing at a towering 6 foot 7 inches, 190 lbs....with a more than familar face to many of the members of this board....I would be a perfect pick in this draft not only for my speed and agility but also my amazingly handsome looks for the media guide. My expertise is in D-Back and wide receiver. In my final year at UNT Rec Sports I played for FnA...yes it was named after me....I broke the record for ugliest shorts in a competive game and i had numberous touchdowns and a baker's dozen interceptions....A Smart GM would plan his draft around two picks....Effin And UNT_92_fan...gets those two on a team and its BALL GAME! These two have played together for the last three years. U thought Manning to Harrison was a good connection wait on this one fellas...its historic! By the end of this game you will see and hear many things...one will be the ESPN top ten and the other will be the women chanting my name. Be Smart...Pick Effin...

By the way....all other pick before Effin in the draft other than UNT_92 will be found dead on gameday due to fierce roundhouse kicks.

EFFIN

XXL

*bio written by my agent....Justin Dearing...some of you know him as the quarterback that beat your team two years in a row...or broke your shoulder...your call