Was KTCK on Campus?

NT91

Yes, they were at the Greek center (former KA/ADP house). Yesterday they spoke very highly of NT and Denton in general saying that the North Texas student "got them" more than the average SMU/TCU/UTA student. (They made a crack that the average UTA student didn't even understand them). They said that at TCU and SMU people had no clue who they even were. Also a mention of our hot women.

Didn't hear any of it today, but I know they were promoting it yesterday. Probably some of it is on the Ticket Top 10 right now.

Guest JohnDenver

Are you high?

The Ticket has become the model for sports radio nation wide.

It is sarcasm ... A nut punch at people saying that students wouldn't go to the basketball game because they don't know in advance.

At least that is how I read it. blink.gif

Are you high?

The Ticket has become the model for sports radio nation wide.

I'd say ESPN Radio is a better model, since they actually talk about sports. Then again, it's my opinion, so take it at whatever value you wish. rolleyes.gif

Edited by UNTFan23

I'd say ESPN Radio is a better model, since they actually talk about sports.  Then again, it's my opinion, so take it whatever value you wish. rolleyes.gif

Good point - if you exclude ratings, ad revenue, etc.

I share the same frustration on content sometimes, but this is a top 20 national show that just trashes ESPN's ratings - like them or not.

The Hard Line gets good numbers, but they are not a "Top 20 National Show." They aren't even the top 18-35 show locally in their time slot.

But, they do double ESPN locally most books.

I think the top show in the 3-7 time slot is probably Russ Martin

The hardline has got some stuff though. I always enjoyed the ticket when I was in Dallas. I usually spent 3-7 flipping back and forth between them and Russ.

As far as content, I get beaten down when people do nothing but 'sports talk'. I enjoy the "schtick". I was rarely up early enough for the Musers, but I thought they were pretty good as well.

Glad to see them out at NT!

It's "guy talk" radio. sports, sex, beer, and a little etertainment. I'll take that over that other station any day. Besides, the Eastern Sports Programming Network hates all things Texas, sports wise and others, and will always do so. They can drone on about the intricacies of the 46 vs the 52 in the offseason, but I'll take "Why today doesn't Suck" over that any day.

I'd say ESPN Radio is a better model, since they actually talk about sports.  Then again, it's my opinion, so take it at whatever value you wish. rolleyes.gif

Anyone that doesn't realize the greatness of "The Ticket" is missing out!  I listen to these guys all day and they are awesome.  ESPN Radio can't even come close to touching the greatness of THE TICKET.  This shouldn't even be a discussion.

agreed! anyone who has a female sports talk show host sucks! sorry if it's offensive, but NO guy wants to hear sports talk from a girl

agreed!  anyone who has a female sports talk show host sucks!  sorry if it's offensive, but NO guy wants to hear sports talk from a girl

dry.gifmad.gif

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

agreed!  anyone who has a female sports talk show host sucks!  sorry if it's offensive, but NO guy wants to hear sports talk from a girl

I guess it all comes down to personal preferences. Pesonally, I don't really care so long as they know what they're talking about.

How can you not like "The Little Ball of Hate" plus Mike and Mike are fun, guess I just like to hear sports talk instead of a pair of frats boys telling of their exploits. tongue.gif

Does radio village idiot (and UTA dropout) Mike Reiner truly get a real w@@dy when he persists on calling us North Texas State? Even in the commercial of our 1-800-Mean Green foundation alums he calls us NTSU.

OR..............does someone at UNT (who may know the former Texas goveror) need to get Bill Clements (who signed our name-change bill) to make a call to their Hard Liners Show to tell the ol' gray wolf that we changed our name back in the mid to late 1980's?wink.gif

FWIW, if not for their daily discussion of certain areas of the female anatomy, the Hard Line boys would have a helluva' lot of empty radio air space on their program. Most of us left all that kind of bathroom humor behind when we graduated from the 8'th grade.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Does radio village idiot (and UTA dropout) Mike Reiner truly get a real w@@dy when he persists on calling us North Texas State?  Even in the commercial of our 1-800-Mean Green foundation alums he calls us NTSU.

OR..............does someone at UNT (who may know the former Texas goveror) need to get Bill Clements (who signed our name-change bill) to make a call to their Hard Liners Show to tell the ol' gray wolf that we changed our name back in the mid to late 1980's?smile.gif

yeah, i used to hear the commercial and get upset, but i heard it recently and he refered to us as "the university of North Texas". i was shocked. i also heard him say last night that they were broadcasting from "denton...the university of north texas who some of us call north texas state...".

Does radio village idiot (and UTA dropout) Mike Reiner truly get a real w@@dy when he persists on calling us North Texas State?  Even in the commercial of our 1-800-Mean Green foundation alums he calls us NTSU.

Mike actually was a paid employee of KNTU back in 80 and 81. He also likes to say things on the air that will get a reaction for people. That way they will get mad, call in and tell their friends about it - all of which helps their ratings. His job is to get people to listen one way or another.

I'm sure Rhyner only says North Texas State because it gets under the skin of JubJub and every other loyal NT supporter. I don't know why this bothers NT people so much. Who gives a damn what Mike Rhyner calls North Texas. If all NT followers had that philosophy, he would probably stop! Besides, the only people that listen to the show probably realize he does it to get a rise out of people.

I can understand getting upset when ESPN announcers refer to us as North Texas State on a national broadcast. That is a little different!

How can you not like "The Little Ball of Hate" plus Mike and Mike are fun, guess I just like to hear sports talk instead of a pair of frats boys telling of their exploits. tongue.gif

Mike and Mike in the morning is probably the best national show on sports talk radio, only problem is it comes on so damn early in this area so I rarely get to listen to it.

Mike and Mike in the morning is probably the best national show on sports talk radio, only problem is it comes on so damn early in this area so I rarely get to listen to it.

I love Mike and Mike. I like ESPN better than The Ticket in general. I only listen to and from work so I get Mike and Mike in the morning and Galloway& Co in the afternoon. It's just my personal preference.