For those stuck @ work

UNTFan23

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

game over. 92-84 UH

The cougars shot 14 of 28 from the 3 point line and 58% from the field... thats pretty impressive.

We went cold on FT's at the end of the game.

Frustrating loss in a very winnable game. Too bad more of our fans werent at the game, it sounded like a really good one til the last minute. Hopefully this will bring some people out. We now drop to 4-1 at home this year, right?

Edited by Eagle1855

The crowd noise sounded great, too bad it was the visiting teams fans making most of it. My plans of making it to the game ended as I was stuck on the nightmare known as I35E North. After sitting in traffic for 30+ minutes going nowhere, I headed back. Seems like the highway dept decided to do work on the day that everyone was trying to go North. mad.gif

With 20+ turnovers by UH I would say we did a pretty good job on the defense.  They just had a couple of guys shoot lights out.

If I had a nickel for every time we used the excuse "they shot lights out" over the past 10 years of NT basketball, I could fund us a new stadium.

Heard it after the ASU game too.

Sooner or later this team needs to play defense, especially perimeter defense.

Houston shot 54.8% from the field, while hitting 14-28 from the 3 point line. That's the main difference in the game, we have proven we can score but we still have work to do on the defense.

Also attendence was announced at 4,102. I'll want to hear from the people who went to the game to see if that was accurate, if so it was probably 50%+ UH fans.

Edited by NTEagle08

Anyone can shoot lights out when they are left as wide open as the Houston shooters were in the first half. Our basketball team covers the perimeter about as well as our Football team covers opposing tight ends. I'd estimate it was more like 80 - 85% Houston fans, if there were more than 800 - 1000 UNT fans I'd be shocked.

Anyone can shoot lights out when they are left as wide open as the Houston shooters were in the first half. Our basketball team covers the perimeter about as well as our Football team covers opposing tight ends. I'd estimate it was more like 80 - 85% Houston fans, if there were more than 800 - 1000 UNT fans I'd be shocked.

No way. 60-05% was probaby pretty accurate. UH fans were pretty much concentrated in a few sections which were full, plus scattered around. NT fans were spread throughout numerous sections, so didn't look like as many when in fact there was a significant number.

I have to say I was proud of our fans supporting the team in crucial moments, like when we first came back to tie in the second half. We may be pretty quiet most of the time, but at moments like that the fans were really into the game. Those are positives we can build on as well.

I was actually at this game. ohmy.gif UH fans were loud and had coordinated cheers. Hmm. Who'd have thunk it? Anyway after leaving this game I've never been so pissed about the state of fan support for NT basketball. BUT, I've since come to my senses and realized that this game was on a friday afternoon, and - their football team was in a bowl that same day in fort worth.

Still - no excuses. I'd put it at about 70-30 UH/NT fans. If I was able to take off a day of work to make it up I know more could have as well. And it wasn't exactly fun sitting in a section of scattered red, but I will say that at times the NT fans got pretty loud as well. Over all a fun game and I will be back for many more games. A fun outing for dad and 4yr old son.

These attendence estimates are always all over the place. My estimate of the crowd was at the most 60% Houston. I am not sure were these 3 and 4 to 1 estimates come from.

I really didn't think that the Houston crowd was as overwhelming as some. If NT had played a game 30 miles from the superdome on bowl day and had plenty of time to make both games, I think that they could have easily doubled the fans that Houston had in Denton. Of course, with NT's current support of basketball; it would have to be like the NO bowl games, people that never bother to see a regular season game would attend.