That's pretty funny.

The whole core-console thing is kind of a ripoff, especially the HD portion. I also found it funny to see people actually lined up outside of stores for these things. I mean, pre-ordering isn't too hard. Besides, technical probs always pop up in the first batch, the competition hasn't released their machine yet, and the price is far more than just too high, at $3-400 for the console.

I'd wait.

Yeah I'll be getting the full version the week that PS3 is released. Microsoft will lower their prices by a few pennies to make sure the 360 keeps its market share.

Do you know how much the PS3 will most likely go for? I've heard as high as $800. ohmy.gif

Plus, Sony has pushed back it's release date to 2007.

Edited by UNTFan23

$800?

That'd be a disastrous price tag for Sony...I doubt that'll be the actual retail price. As for Ebay junkies, I won't be shocked to see it go that far.

As for the 360, all the mags say it's great, but of course, none of the games really make the best of its ability, but that's how launch titles go. I was shocked to see that the Madden NFL game was so stripped down. Lack of a training mode, no superstar mode; kinda shocking, really. Everything else looks good, about where the top-of-the line PCs are right now.

Do you know how much the PS3 will most likely go for?  I've heard as high as $800. ohmy.gif

Plus, Sony has pushed back it's release date to 2007.

If that's the release date then I'll be getting the 360 sooner then, but $800? Unless that machine can do your laundry and walk your dog I doubt they will sell very many.

That cartoon is pretty funny. I agree that the whole core system thing is a rip considering all that you dont get with it.

As for games, the NBA Live 06 looks sweet. Its not a perfect game but its damned good and to me, shows off some of the best graphics out of all the launch titles. Call of Duty 2, Ridge Racer, Quake 4 and Condemned are all worth taking a look at. I was very disapointed in Madden, so dont waste your money.

The last press releases that I have been able to find say that both Sony and Nintendo are releasing in 06. But as with many things in life that could change.

I would guess that Sony is going to take a look at how well the 360 sells at the 400 dollar price before making a final pice tag. I think that the price will probably be about the same. Anything much higher than that would price themselves right out of the market and Sony is to smart for that.

Oh and btw, the 360 has the biggest freaking power cord i have ever seen! blink.gif

Edited by MDTGGI

Madden is pretty much a rip-off. But if you're EA and you're the only people with the NFL license, you can pretty much publish any crap you like. Heck, EA has a history of being really lazy- look at the PS2/XB versions of NBA Live and compare them to NBA 2K6. The 2K6 game is SO much better.

For prices- Sony will probably launch with a similar price to the 360. That is, unless they somehow pack enough into the PS3 to make it worth the money. Nintendo will probably lowball them with a price tag that's -$100 of the others. I personally think it's too early to buy the 360. Price is too high and the competition hasn't made their submission yet.

Madden is pretty much a rip-off. But if you're EA and you're the only people with the NFL license, you can pretty much publish any crap you like. Heck, EA has a history of being really lazy- look at the PS2/XB versions of NBA Live and compare them to NBA 2K6. The 2K6 game is SO much better.

Yeah if you're an addict like me you've definately noticed the differences, or lack there of, between NCAA Football 2004 to 2006. I'll rent before I buy next year.

I personally think it's too early to buy the 360. Price is too high and the competition hasn't made their submission yet.

There is no competition in my book, if PS3 loads half as fast as PS2 then it STILL won't make me want to buy it.

There isn't enough draw for either machine for me so far. I'm not thoroughly impressed with the 360's library (thus far) to drop money on it now, and Sony hasn't shown me any real proof that the machine is as good as it's said to be.

It'll be like the last console race- the games will draw my business, I don't care much for hardware power. It'll be whatever system has what I want, then whatever Nintendo releases.

I like that Microsoft has really turned it all on for the online content, trailers, demos, gameplay, spectating on other games, all of that sounds awesome. I'm not impressed with the game lineup and developer list. I do like that Sony's going to be carrying franchises I'm already familiar with, being that alot of them are under Japanese developers, but I'm really iffy about the controller design and if the machine is as powerful as they claim.

Call me undecided on Sony and MS, call me decided on Nintendo. I'd like to see what they can do with the gyroscope controller and the different add-ons for it.