"So, what do you think of your Mean Green..NOW?!"

FirefightnRick

This was asked of me by a longhorn, horned frog bootlicking, non-college graduating smart ass that had been waiting for his chance to work at my station just to rub my face in the fact that we are down this year. My immediate response?

"THEY'RE MY TEAM. WIN OR LOSE, THEY'RE STILL MY TEAM, AND THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO IT!".

Not surprisingly, he had zero response back.

Rick

Rick, you should ignore people like that. Most fans of other teams realize that no team in the history of teams has won every game. All teams have lost games they shouldn't have and had their butts handed to them at some point. What comes around goes around. Our resident OU guy here in the office is pretty quiet these days. He still asks respectfully how we are doing, and doesn't rub it in when I respond, not too well. Anyway, guys like that are useless and will always be sheep following the closest Shepard they can find.

Good shooting, Rick. Fandom isn't about winning or losing. When the chips are down, EVERY team, no matter how big it is now, has gotten the tar smacked out of it. It's the true fans that really stick with the team when it's 11-0 and when it's 0-11.

Besides, it's easy to like a team when it wins. It's also easy to do a lot of things in life when it's easy and popular.

Rick, you should ignore people like that.    Most fans of other teams realize that no team in the history of teams has won every game.    All teams have lost games they shouldn't have and had their butts handed to them at some point.    What comes around goes around.  Our resident OU guy here in the office is pretty quiet these days.  He still asks respectfully how we are doing, and doesn't rub it in when I respond, not too well.  Anyway, guys like that are useless and will always be sheep following the closest Shepard they can find.

Yep. There are only two kinds of fans. Fans that share Rick's mindset, and fans that just want to be associated with a winner.

Guest JohnDenver

A coworker of mine walked past me and said "why does the mean green suck so bad this year?"

I was in a hurry to a meeting, so I said, "Too many reasons to list."

He didn't really care. He just sees my "four in a row" shirt that I wear all the time and wanted to rub his A&M Big12 bragging rights in my face.

After three weeks of losing for A&M, I saw him today and asked the same question ...

He said, "I guess I spoke too soon.."

I said, "You jinxed the whole school with your hubris."

Even a Kentucky fan is talking trash to me this year. His trash talk is, "atleast KU is losing in the hard conference in the nation ..." yeah yeah. Losing is losing.

See everyone Friday night.

Good job Rick!!! We're moving in the right direction with this program. One losing season doesnt set us back the way some people might think. We will be in title hunt next season. As for what people are saying this season. I respond with...

"Four consecutive conference titles and bowl games, and NOW we are losers?Right, I think Darrell Dickey may also be responsible for the whole "global warming" thing too... Get a clue"

GMG!!!