Nothing negative about this game...

emmitt01

What are the chances that DD and RF forget that a 3-step drop and quick passes actually worked tonight against a stout Def?

If we play offense like this and make sure we take advantage of Red Zone Opp. then there is no reason we should lose any of our next 4 games.

That 3-step passing game really SOUNDED good last night. I just hope we can all SEE it at Fouts Saturday.

I really think this may be something Meager likes. Maybe this is what his game is. I don't mind if he doesn't have the big arm, if we can get 6-8 yards on pass plays, that is enough to get safeties out of the box.

NOTE: Georgio stated last night on the radio that Meager OVERTHREW several recievers, and that Ramon Flannigan said he has noticed that Meager is regaining confidence in that shoulder. WATCH OUT FOR THE MEAN GREEN IN THE LAST 4 GAMES, hopefully 5 (NO Bowl)

That 3-step passing game really SOUNDED good last night.  I just hope we can all SEE it at Fouts Saturday.

I really think this may be something Meager likes.  Maybe this is what his game is.  I don't mind if he doesn't have the big arm, if we can get 6-8 yards on pass plays, that is enough to get safeties out of the box. 

NOTE:  Georgio stated last night on the radio that Meager OVERTHREW several recievers, and that Ramon Flannigan said he has noticed that Meager is regaining confidence in that shoulder.  WATCH OUT FOR THE MEAN GREEN IN THE LAST 4 GAMES, hopefully 5 (NO Bowl)

I think Meager's arm is solid. It's not a huge arm that can throw 60 yards, but it's adequate. For those that watched the game, he threw a great pass that would have been a TD to JQ on a corner route, except the LSU defender made an amazing play. I just hope he stays healthy!!!

I think the positives out weigh the negative from last night was b/c we actually could have been down 28-10 or even 28-13 or 28-17 going into the 4th against LSU. But in reality it didnt happen but just to know that it could have been that close for 3 quarters is a positive considering how the season has gone. Instead in typical UNT fashion they went 99 yards quickly and made it 35-3 going into the 4th. The defense was so worn out that they probably could have scored 50 in the 4th. And I too think LSU was running up the score, come on 4 minutes left and still throwing ?

I more or less agree with Emmitt. Until we get back the $75 million a year that is being diverted to the state's two 'flagship' institutions, there is no hope of competing with another state's flagship institution. The fact is your state legislature has decided to put UNT in a lesser league.

The residents of one of the nation's most significant metropolitan areas deserve a PREMIERE public university in their area. And as big as Texas is relative to other states, for it to shine academically, it must offer more than two flagship state institutions. The state of Texas should not compare itself to Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia in this regard. It is a much, much bigger state in all respects. The population and economy of the metroplex alone are as significant as each of those other entire states.  So it is a pitiful shame that the Texas legislature is offering so little, and we should all do whatever we can to bring about a very significant change in its direction. Until that happens, what you saw is about as good as it will get against this type of competition.

I thought LJ was brought on to help this whole situation? I guess he has other more important things to do like run off Pohl mad.gif

Where are you seeing this? I see a QB who might be the team's starter next year, though I'd expect Dickey to recruit some challengers because he can't be confident that Meager's the guy to hang the program on.

I'm impressed by Danny's footspeed. I'm saying that if stays healthy and keeps at it, he can be a decent QB next season and this season, and maybe shape up to be a good QB in his last 2 years. He doesn't need to have a cannon for an arm, but if he can be accurate, that's all he'll need.

I think the positives out weigh the negative from last night was b/c we actually could have been down 28-10 or even 28-13 or 28-17 going into the 4th against LSU. 

I agree.

On the QB situation. I don't believe Dickey is REALLY about competition at the position. Unless someone just completely dominates, he's gonna go with the more experienced player. It's not just his offense that's conservative, IMO.

SO, next year he'll probably have Meager "compete" with Phillips/freshman/wildcard, but even if they're better than Meager in ability for the long-term, unless they just beat him bloody in that competition, Dickey will go with experience. Again, this is just my belief, but I don't disagree with it as a policy. You have to light it up to beat an incumbent.

Now, the only wrinkle in that may be the kid (Coffman) from Missouri. Landing him could be huge (not getting my hopes up), and I believe one of the things he wants is to play early. It might be hard for DD to keep him off the field, if that's the case.

Uh, we just lost 56-3. Is that how far our expectations have fallen?

Yes, we had some decent drives. We still lost 56-3.

Are we now relegated to seeing positives on specific drives and individual performance when we don't score a touchdown? I guess we are because I did.

Losing 56-3 is a bad, bad loss. But hey, if you see nothing negative in this-good for you. I saw some positives but a whole lot more negatives like not having a chance when we stepped onto the field. This just isn't the LSU's of the world but the La. Tech's and Tulsa's.

We are bad, bad, bad. We are Ball State/Buffalo/Idaho/NMSU bad.

This program needs a serious shot in the arm.

Hey, Ball State beat Northern Illinois on the road...would we be able to do that this season? ph34r.gif