As good as Texas is...no way they win the

Vince Yound and his Texas Longhorns heat the hell outa OU. I don't see Texas losing duing the regular season....but when they get to the Rose Bowl...they will face the Great USC Trojans. I watched most all of the Texas game. I owe Dallas Green a lunch. For OU fans.....I dunno. Tough year.

I just watched USC beat the holy c___ outa Arizona (coached by Mike Stoops). USC gave them a coaching clinic in every phase of the game. It was almost laughable how dominating the Trojans were. Won 42-21, and could have been worse, but they emptied their entire bench in an attempt to keep the score from getting totally out of hand. Ended the game running out the clock at the Arizona 1.

This prediction from a guy who swore Texas would wilt before 100k fans in Ohio St's horseshoe. Said Texas would get their butts kicked in Ohio,

And then during the Tulsa tailgate, GGII said there was NO WAY Texas was going to beat Oklahoma....

Seems like GGII is making a career out of underestimating Vince Young & Co.

Quick hint to make some money. Find out GGII's prediction for the Horns to lose, than bet the other way laugh.gif

Edited by Baby Arm!

I say that if USC beats UCLA and UT wins out (with 1-2 more blowout wins), then there is no way USC goes into the National Championship game ranked #1 IMHO. If this above scenario plays out, it will be UT vs. USC for the title. I don't think that Penn St. will finish undefeated (they'll lose one along the way).

Here is how the top 5 will finish in my opinion (in order):

Texas

Southern Cal

Georgia

Florida

Michigan State

Texas schedule could cause them problems also. If Virgina Tech wins out and plays in a much tougher (this year) ACC, beating Miami on the road...then Texas will have played 2 ranked opponents this year. Considering Tech doesn't blow it before they play UT. I think that Georgia or V Tech also have a shot. WIth that being said, I don't think that the powers that be let UT stay out of the Rose Bowl against USC. USC v UT- I hate them both but that is a great national championship game.

I say that if USC beats UCLA and UT wins out (with 1-2 more blowout wins), then there is no way USC goes into the National Championship game ranked #1 IMHO.  If this above scenario plays out, it will be UT vs. USC for the title.  I don't think that Penn St. will finish undefeated (they'll lose one along the way).

Here is how the top 5 will finish in my opinion (in order):

Texas

Southern Cal

Georgia

Florida

Michigan State

You guys are forgetting about Virginia Tech. If USC, UT, and VT all win out, I have a feeling that Texas will be left out of the Orange Bowl. Florida got blown out by Bama. No way they finish in the top five.

Texas schedule could cause them problems also.  If Virgina Tech wins out and plays in a much tougher (this year) ACC, beating Miami on the road...then Texas will have played 2 ranked opponents this year.  Considering Tech doesn't blow it before they play UT. 

Colorado is ranked #24 in this week's AP and USA Today polls.

Edited by gangrene

If marketing has anything to do with it. Count on the 'polls' making it a USC/Texas matchup. Nothing offense to Vick or VT, but USC and Texas deliver the Los Angeles, Dallas, and Houston media markets. That's 3 out of the top 5 media markets in the country. Think the network execs are salivating over that one???