NTvs. LSU tailgating postcard

MeanGreenQueen

Are there still tickets available for the LSU game?  I have had a change of plans and can now attend the game.  I need a ticket.  I can drive to Baton Rouge the day of the game (leaving very early) if any one needs a ride - providing I can land a ticket.

Being a Tiger I KNOW for a FACT that you will be able to get a ticket right outside the stadium, right before the game for A LOT less then normal.

Being a Tiger I KNOW for a FACT that you will be able to get a ticket right outside the stadium, right before the game for A LOT less then normal.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm not much of a risk taker. Denton to Baton Rouge is a long drive without a ticket to the game, but if I have to i will risk it.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'm not much of a risk taker.  Denton to Baton Rouge is a long drive without a ticket to the game, but if I have to i will risk it.

If I here anything from my friends back home if they have a ticket i'll make a post on here for ya. Also check out tigerforums.com and tigersmack.com they both have ticket sections where people put up tickets to sell.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'm not much of a risk taker.  Denton to Baton Rouge is a long drive without a ticket to the game, but if I have to i will risk it.

Call the Ticket Office (1-800-UNT-2366) Monday and find out if Gabe has any tickets left in the UNT section. If not here is a post from LSUsports.net

Limited Number of Season and Individual-Game Tickets to be Sold

BATON ROUGE -- A limited number of LSU football season tickets and individual game tickets will go on sale to existing season ticket holders on Saturday, August 27, at the LSU Athletic Ticket Office beginning at 9 a.m.

Any remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public the following day, Sunday, August 28, at noon.

Approximately 500 season tickets will be available for purchase at a cost of $252 each, plus any applicable Tradition Fund contribution.

Also, individual game tickets will go on sale August 27 for LSU's games against North Texas on September 3, Arizona State on September 10, Appalachian State on November 5 and Arkansas on November 25. Tickets for those games are $36 each.

No individual game tickets will be available for LSU's games against Tennessee, Florida and Auburn.

Tickets may be purchased online at www.LSUsports.net, by phone at (225) 578-2184 or (800) 960-8587, or in person at the LSU Athletic Ticket Office, located on the first floor of the LSU Athletic Administration Building next to Tiger Stadium.

If I here anything from my friends back home if they have a ticket i'll make a post on here for ya. Also check out tigerforums.com and tigersmack.com they both have ticket sections where people put up tickets to sell.

Quick question for Crip - as well as a suggestion for MGFreak.

Crip, which guy are you on that website? Looks like you have a cool little tailgate crew.. we have tons of small ones and a few really big ones like the Greenbackers.

Freak, as much as I like his pride in his school - If I were you I would not listen to Crip's advice about buying a ticket in the LSU section to save a few bucks. I have been down to Death Valley for a Mean Green game and just as Crip said - a few bad apples can ruin it for the rest of us. In LSU's case, there are more then just a "few" bad apples... they are notorious for them. My experience was so bad that I will not go back. I was spit on, had beer thrown on me, and my date was taunted by a group of 12 year old kids screaming "Tiger Bait" thoughout the entire game while their drunk parents sat still, not reprimanding them in the slightest way, for the entire game. We had not done a thing to warrant being attacked by these fans or these kids. The environment was anything but hospitable. I didn't even bother to get an usher or cop to try and help because there was one standing not 20 feet away and he thought that the whole display was funny as can be as well.

I have been all over the country to watch my Mean Green play and have witnessed all sorts of a-holes in my life. Hell, I owned and ran a college bar in Denton for 7 years so I know a thing or two about having to deal with drunk idiots... but I have never felt physically threatened the way that I was down in Baton Rouge. And to be honest, it wasn't as much the taunting aimed towards myself that pissed me off - it was the lack of respect towards my date that hit below the belt. All of this was because I had gotten some tickets on the LSU side rather then in the Mean Green section. To top it off, the game was never in doubt - they were kicking our butts from the second we stepped on the field until the end (I think that they ended up beating us by well over 60 points, I wouldn't know because we left in the 3rd quarter after the taunting had finally broken us down)... Ironically enough, the tickets were given to me by a member of the Mean Green athletic department, lol... I was a corporate sponsor and he knew I was going to the game so he scored me two tickets for free (GREAT seats - 30 yard line - about the 5th row)... I am not telling you all of this to scare you away from the game - by all means, go down there and cheer on the Mean Green. They need as many fans as they can have down in the Bayou that weekend... but I would not attempt to save a few bucks on your ticket and leave the somewhat friendly combines of the North Texas cheering section. Like I said above - I have been all over this country to cheer on the Mean Green and there are bad apples at every stadium - but they just don't make 'em like that anywhere else but in Baton Rouge.... go with a group - sit in the Mean Green section.. and keep your wallet in your front pocket. Ignore what they say and enjoy the game. Maybe the Mean Green will give you an early Christmas present this year - that would be enough to make up for what those sons of bitches did to me the last time I ventured down there. I know that I will just listen to this one on the radio. I told myself that day that I would NEVER go down to Death Valley again and I never will. I can't say that about any other stadium in the entire country.

Quick question for Crip - as well as a suggestion for MGFreak. 

Crip, which guy are you on that website?  Looks like you have a cool little tailgate crew.. we have tons of small ones and a few really big ones like the Greenbackers.

Freak, as much as I like his pride in his school - If I were you I would not listen to Crip's advice about buying a ticket in the LSU section to save a few bucks.  I have been down to Death Valley for a Mean Green game and just as Crip said - a few bad apples can ruin it for the rest of us.  In LSU's case, there are more then just a "few" bad apples... they are notorious for them.  My experience was so bad that I will not go back.  I was spit on, had beer thrown on me, and my date was taunted by a group of 12 year old kids screaming "Tiger Bait" thoughout the entire game while their drunk parents sat still, not reprimanding them in the slightest way, for the entire game.  We had not done a thing to warrant being attacked by these fans or these kids.  The environment was anything but hospitable.  I didn't even bother to get an usher or cop to try and help because there was one standing not 20 feet away and he thought that the whole display was funny as can be as well. 

I have been all over the country to watch my Mean Green play and have witnessed all sorts of a-holes in my life.  Hell, I owned and ran a college bar in Denton for 7 years so I know a thing or two about having to deal with drunk idiots... but I have never felt physically threatened the way that I was down in Baton Rouge.  And to be honest, it wasn't as much the taunting aimed towards myself that pissed me off - it was the lack of respect towards my date that hit below the belt.  All of this was because I had gotten some tickets on the LSU side rather then in the Mean Green section.  To top it off, the game was never in doubt - they were kicking our butts from the second we stepped on the field until the end (I think that they ended up beating us by well over 60 points, I wouldn't know because we left in the 3rd quarter after the taunting had finally broken us down)... Ironically enough, the tickets were given to me by a member of the Mean Green athletic department, lol... I was a corporate sponsor and he knew I was going to the game so he scored me two tickets for free (GREAT seats - 30 yard line - about the 5th row)...  I am not telling you all of this to scare you away from the game - by all means, go down there and cheer on the Mean Green.  They need as many fans as they can have down in the Bayou that weekend... but I would not attempt to save a few bucks on your ticket and leave the somewhat friendly combines of the North Texas cheering section.  Like I said above - I have been all over this country to cheer on the Mean Green and there are bad apples at every stadium - but they just don't make 'em like that anywhere else but in Baton Rouge.... go with a group - sit in the Mean Green section.. and keep your wallet in your front pocket.  Ignore what they say and enjoy the game.  Maybe the Mean Green will give you an early Christmas present this year - that would be enough to make up for what those sons of bitches did to me the last time I ventured down there.  I know that I will just listen to this one on the radio.  I told myself that day that I would NEVER go down to Death Valley again and I never will.  I can't say that about any other stadium in the entire country.

Well there is no way in hell that I am going to take his advice now. You scared the crap out of me.

Seriously, there is no way I would ever sit in the LSU fans in Death Valley.

I will call Monday to see if we have a ticket left. I want to sit with my Mean Green brothers and sisters.

Thanks every one for the help.

Edited by meangreenfreak

WOW.

Well allow me to retort, I find it hard to believe a few of your points. First having beer thrown on you inside the stadium. This is totally bullshit since beer isnt sold inside the stadium, and if someone is gonna sneak something in it sure as hell isnt gonna be beer. So that point I believe is BUSTED! Second Most it not all the people that sit in the section you said your tickets were in are usually season ticket holders that have had those tickets for generations. Now for a game like North Texas those tickets could have been sold to other people but HIGHLY unlikly. BUSTED! Thirdly being spit on I highly doubt it. I wont say that it didnt happen because I wasnt there but like I said most people in that section have been there forever and aren't students.

Now as far as the TigerBait chant we do that to all opp. fans, its just what we do and if you got offended by that, I feel sorry for you. And I dont doubt you have been to other games but any stadium you go to in the SEC you get the same treatment with the jeers.

There are a few bad fans just like I am sure there are bad North texas fans thats any place you go. BUT most people will treat you with respect and even offer you food and drink.

One year for a BAMA game it was freezing and we had a burn barrel setup by our spot, we invited Bama fans to come get warm and we HATE bama fans.

It is sad that the only way you can get people fired up is to spread lies and rumors, and I hope that any of the fans that do go down for the game will come back and set this dumbass straight about how y'all are treated.

And the only reason I was trying to help out with the ticket thing is the simple fact that almost 2,000 seats are not gonna be ready since the construction on the upper deck is not finished. And of those 2,000 seats 90% are ones that go to the other school.

WOW.

Well allow me to retort, I find it hard to believe a few of your points. First having beer thrown on you inside the stadium. This is totally bullshit since beer isnt sold inside the stadium, and if someone is gonna sneak something in it sure as hell isnt gonna be beer. So that point I believe is BUSTED! Second Most it not all the people that sit in the section you said your tickets were in are usually season ticket holders that have had those tickets for generations. Now for a game like North Texas those tickets could have been sold to other people but HIGHLY unlikly. BUSTED! Thirdly being spit on I highly doubt it. I wont say that it didnt happen because I wasnt there but like I said most people in that section have been there forever and aren't students.

Now as far as the TigerBait chant we do that to all opp. fans, its just what we do and if you got offended by that, I feel sorry for you. And I dont doubt you have been to other games but any stadium you go to in the SEC you get the same treatment with the jeers.

There are a few bad fans just like I am sure there are bad North texas fans thats any place you go. BUT most people will treat you with respect and even offer you food and drink.

One year for a BAMA game it was freezing and we had a burn barrel setup by our spot, we invited Bama fans to come get warm and we HATE bama fans.

It is sad that the only way you can get people fired up is to spread lies and rumors, and I hope that any of the fans that do go down for the game will come back and set this dumbass straight about how y'all are treated.

And the only reason I was trying to help out with the ticket thing is the simple fact that almost 2,000 seats are not gonna be ready since the construction on the upper deck is not finished. And of those 2,000 seats 90% are ones that go to the other school.

There is absolutely ZERO reason for me to lie about any of that stuff. ZERO. I didn't say I got beer thrown on me in the stadium - it was actually right outside of a bar that was kinf of in a strip mall on the walk to the stadium. I doubt those yahoos could afford a ticket to get into the game. If that had been the only problem, I would have dismissed it. Secondly, I told you that the kids were there with their parents - thus adding validity to my story. And I understand the whole "tiger bait" thing - I just think it is funny for about the first 50 times it is chanted to me - and then after that it is annoying. Especially when your team is getting beat by 6 or 7 touchdowns. Finally, I don't spread lies about anything. What I said is exactly what happened to me. I haven't brought it up because I am not going to dwell on it... but I was giving advice to a Mean Green fan that you were trying to "help out" by scoring him some tickets in the LSU section... to Freak, I just advised against it. I didn't tell him not to go to the game... in fact I encouraged him to go to the game. But my experience was hell. I will never step foot into that place again. There is a reason that LSU and Death Valley has the reputation that you all do - it is well deserved and well earned. That being said, I am still alive - I didn't get killed or assaulted down there or anything. But the true colors of your fans showed up that day - YELLOW.

Well if you say that you understand the Tigerbait thing dont say, " You were ATTACKED."

The only people that have given Death Valley that reputation is Auburn fans, ands thats because something happened between a small group of people and there was some bad stuff that happened, but that was in no way onesided.

And I hate to tell you but there really isnt a "fan section that isnt surrounded by LSu fans.

Hell the section of the stadium that all the fans and their band is put in is called Hecklers Alley and we have season tickets 3 rows above that.

Your statements were generalized to all fans in Baton Rouge, and that is simple not true. BUT like the saying goes it takes 10 good things to take away 1 bad thing. But hey if you dont want to come back more power to you, dont really care. But I do take offense when people try to group everyone together.

I am sure you have the same types of fans up there, hell your in Texas so I KNOW you have people up there like that.

Well if you say that you understand the Tigerbait thing dont say, " You were ATTACKED."

The only people that have given Death Valley that reputation is Auburn fans, ands thats because something happened between a small group of people and there was some bad stuff that happened, but that was in no way onesided.

And I hate to tell you but there really isnt a "fan section that isnt surrounded by LSu fans.

Hell the section of the stadium that all the fans and their band is put in is called Hecklers Alley and we have season tickets 3 rows above that.

Your statements were generalized to all fans in Baton Rouge, and that is simple not true. BUT like the saying goes it takes 10 good things to take away 1 bad thing. But hey if you dont want to come back more power to you, dont really care. But I do take offense when people try to group everyone together.

I am sure you have the same types of fans up there, hell your in Texas so I KNOW you have people up there like that.

You are right in that every team has its share of a-hole fans... but like I said (why do I have to keep repeating myself?) - I have been all over this country to follow my Mean Green - and I have been heckled at almost every single place - even the places that you would never think heckling would occur (i.e. Air Force) - but the ratio was a lot higher in Baton Rouge for my experience. It is not just the one or two things that happened to myself and my date - it was everything combined... I am sure that there are plenty of nice LSU fans. I am sure that there are wonderful tailgaters. I am sure that you and your group are all nice guys. I am also sure that you are treated much differently then the opposing fans are.

I would say that Oklahoma comes in a not-so-close second place for shitty places to go as an opposing fan - but I never felt in "danger" or "threatened" like I did in Baton Rouge. And like I said, it wasn't just one thing that caused me to feel this way - it was everything combined - it was the lacksadasical cop, the drunk parents that laughed at their kids screaming at defenseless (and harmless) North Texas fans, it was the beer getting tossed on us on the walk to the stadium, it was getting spit on by some college kids from the upper section as I was going to the concession area (I swear that is the dead-on truth, I guess that my crime was wearing a green shirt).

Finally - our cheerleaders were taking a break about the time that I left - middle of the 3rd quarter - two of them worked for me at the time and we talked about how crappy we were all being treated. They agreed and said that they had been screamed at for the entire game from the stands. They normally will cheer the whole game but these cheerleaders had to actually take a freaking break and get the hell out of that place in order to get their composure back so that they could finish the game. Our conversation was brief as I wanted to get the hell out of there and onto the road - but they had been treated terribly as well - the constant "Tiger Bait" chant starting up EVERY SINGLE TIME that they tried to do a North Texas cheer. So much that they had to leave the stadium and cool off at a safe distance (it was actually worse outside the stadium in my opinion, but that is neither here nor there)...

Now why were the fans in rare form? Well, LSU was not having a great season.. and they were coming off a rather shitty season...so the a-hole fans wanted to get their money's worth with their "bodybag" North Texas game. Couple all of that together with the fact that these insults were coming from a lot of people without quality dental work and all that you want to do is get in your truck and drive the hell as far away from that place as possible. Like I said, those (roughly 10-15%) of Tiger fans that ruined it for the rest of you showed why their colors are "Yellow" that day - they are cowardly and do not know the definition of Southern Hospitality. I know that you will never see my side of it; but I have no reason to lie about it... I have shared this story with a good friend of mine that went to LSU and he just shook his head and said "That sounds about right... sorry about that..." I am not saying that ALL the LSU fans are like that... but I would say that it is a higher percentage than at most places. Your "few bad apples" are more like a few hundred bad apples and that can ruin the fun for everyone. Maybe your fans have gotten some class since you started winning again.. but I didn't see it back then. I did have very nice experences at our UL and ULM games - nice Cajun folk. I still do not understand why the LSU folks battle with UL about their name. They have fought long and hard with the LSU folks about it and when they finally got it back (after it was stole from them the first time) - they were forced to stick a "city" designation onto it. Just a bunch of Louisiana BS to this Texas boy.

Wow ok well it appears your mind is made up, so this conversation has reached its end.

The name thing was not done by LSU, it was done by the state. EVERYONE thinks it is stupid.

I dont doubt that you were hassled because I know you were, but if you felt so threatened that your cheerleaders had to take a break. You seem to be VERY thinned skinned.

but whatever have fun at your games and anyone that would like some real help just ask. And dont believe everything you here.

Got to back up Stebo on this one.

This is the one stadium in America that I have no interest in going back to.

I also have followed the Mean Green across the country. My wife was pregnant at the time. We went to Baton Rouge, she got sick, I went by myself, found a cheap seat and sat in the cheapest seat I could find.

Since it was NT, I think a lot of guys who never get to go to games got to go to their first--guys that had no college degree, maybe not high school. It was a mess. Everyone was drunk and I took great pains to not show I was a fan of NT. Just sat and watched, listened...wasn't much to cheer about for NT anyway.

I was uncomfortable even incognito.

Hats off to LSU. They own the state of Louisiana and I would die for such passionate fans.

I've got to chime in on this one too. I've got no reason to make this stuff up either.

I've been to college football stadiums all over this country, even to other SEC stadiums in Arkanasas and Alabama and to date LSU stands out for the following reasons.

It's the most inhospitable atmoshere for any visiting fan I've ever encountered

It's the only place I've ever had ice thrown at me

Its the only place where I've had insults thrown at me for wearing green and doing nothing more than walking to the concession stand.

and It's the only place where upon returning to my car I found the UNT car flags destroyed and spit all over the windsheild.

Nothing like that ever happend at other SEC schools or any other stadium I've been to.

Crip*TeamKatt and his bunch seem very hospitable and possess the True nature of what college football Saturdays should be. However there are enough "bad apples" in Baton Rouge that are giving the place a bad reputation.....I'll never go back.

I've got to chime in on this one too. I've got no reason to make this stuff up either.

I've been to college football stadiums all over this country, even to other SEC stadiums in Arkanasas and Alabama and to date LSU stands out for the following reasons.

It's the most inhospitable atmoshere for any visiting fan I've ever encountered

It's the only place I've ever had ice thrown at me

Its the only place where I've had insults thrown at me for wearing green and doing nothing more than walking to the concession stand.

and It's the only place where upon returning to my car I found the UNT car flags destroyed and spit all over the windsheild.

Nothing like that ever happend at other SEC schools or any other stadium I've been to.

Crip*TeamKatt and his bunch seem very hospitable and possess the True nature of what college football Saturdays should be. However there are enough "bad apples" in Baton Rouge that are giving the place a bad reputation.....I'll never go back.

Got to back up Stebo on this one.

This is the one stadium in America that I have no interest in going back to.

I also have followed the Mean Green across the country. My wife was pregnant at the time. We went to Baton Rouge, she got sick, I went by myself, found a cheap seat and sat in the cheapest seat I could find.

Since it was NT, I think a lot of guys who never get to go to games got to go to their first--guys that had no college degree, maybe not high school. It was a mess. Everyone was drunk and I took great pains to not show I was a fan of NT. Just sat and watched, listened...wasn't much to cheer about for NT anyway.

I was uncomfortable even incognito.

Hats off to LSU. They own the state of Louisiana and I would die for such passionate fans.

Ditto UNTCampbell's remarks. I'll never attend another game at LSU. The taughting reminds me of what goes on at some of those "3rd world country" soccer matches.

Well I apoligize to all of you that seem to run into the few bad assholes that do go to games. The majority of the people are not like that.

We may get a little rowdy with the Tiger Bait chants, mostly because we have been drinking since 6 in the morning and can not control the volume of our voice.

I promise you that not everyone is like that and just because a handful of you have had bad moments dont let that influence you.

I enjoy having opp. fans stop by our spot just to shoot the shit about their team and find out things about there school.

Also I am trying to start a thing on our website were we interview fans on a live feed so that people from their school that cant come and the Tiger fans around the nation something to check out.

Again I am sorry for your hardships you have suffered at the hands of CERTAIN LSU fans, but I still offer any help I can to any of you that are needing info or maybe a place to party.

feel free to hit me with a pm here or email me at teamkatt@teamkatt.com

or even stop by the website check us out and leave a post on the message board.

You might get a little ribbing but I assure you it is all in good fun.

-----Drinking and drunks may be the reason and explains the behavior... but it not excusable. If that were true then drunk people who have car wreaks would have an excuse and would go free. LSU needs to get it under control.

----I was at Texas game last year and I was not happy the final game outcome but the Univ. of Texas fans I met showed class.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

-----Drinking and drunks may be the reason and explains the behavior... but it not excusable.  If that were true then drunk people who have car wreaks would have an excuse and would go free.  LSU needs to get it under control.

----I was at Texas game last year and I was not happy the final game outcome  but the Univ. of Texas fans I met showed class.

Well this has got to be some kind of Texas lovefest because I drove through Austin last year with my LSU flags on my car and got egged.

And comparing Drunk fans to people who kill people by drinking and driving is CLASSLESS!

LSU does not need to get anything under control because it is a small select section that gets involved in that behavior.

And if you just cant take a little ribbing from drunks and just laugh it off then just stay in the comfort of your own home where you can be protected from all the evils of the world.

Oh, I have heard them from a lot of people - and have my own (as I shared)... the thing is that there are probably a lot of nice guys and gals that are LSU fans. But I don't by the whole "a few bad apples ruin it for everyone" - from what I saw in person, the rest of the crowd not only approves of the drunks (and their actions) but they encourage it. Even Crip seems to think it is kind of funny and he seems like a normal enough guy.

It is just part of the culture at the LSU games and that is not all that bad if you are an LSU fan... but I would never be able to bring my children to the games if I cheered for that school, it is definitely not a PG atmosphere - way over the "R" rating and no chance of going back. When RV signed this contract, I cringed. Not only will it be an a-whooping for the check, but our fans can't even enjoy a nice weekend trip out of it because of the a-holes that go down to Baton Rouge. So I will listen to this one on the radio, no big deal. I usually don't miss any game, none-the-less games that are within driving distance... but I will pass on the public flogging this year.

I have a friend from Ole Miss that could tell you hours of stories concerning LSU.

You want a story about Ole Miss fans. I had just shattered my leg in Airborne School and had surgery and got to go home for a month.

During that time we went up to "The Grove" for the last Eli Manning Ole Miss LSU game. No tickets just went up there to tailgate and have fun and try to get tickets.

I had a full leg cast on and walking with crutches. I left my friends to go find the bathroom when I had someone come up from behind me and kick one of my crutches away. Needless to say I took a fall and was in alot of pain, while all the fans around me laughed and pointed as I tried to pick myself off the ground.

THAT was a physical attack, not name calling, and not being spit on. Do I hold Ole Miss fans accountable for those assholes. NO. Well I go back to Ole Miss for a game you bet your ass I will.

I have no idea how y'all tailgate up there in Denton, but in the SEC drinking is as much a part of Saturdays in the fall as the game itself is. Having been to more SEC game then y'all have I am sure I have seen this. So when I say that its not just LSU you can take it to the bank.

The only reason you always here about LSU being the EVIL SCHOOL is because we dont complain when it happens to us at Florida or Georgia or even Auburn.

And for the most part you wont here complaints from other schools either unless they are Ole Miss, which is our RIVAL, and Auburn, which there is a deep HATERED between schools.

So as a warning to all of you that plan on making the trip.....

IF YOU CAN NOT HANDLE GETTING YELLED AT BECAUSE YOU ARE WEARING GREEN OR BECAUSE YOU CHEER FOR A DIFFERENT TEAM.

Then dont come, thats just one more ticket and seat for someone else to enjoy.

And to those I have extended any offer to to show you a good time and what it means to celebrate your team and have fun. I hope that you can come back here when it is over and set the misconception straight.