mike taylor

j0nat8an

i don't know if anyone heard it last night, but i heard it last night, but i heard the online replay this morning of whatever show mike taylor was hosting on espn radio last night. anyways, he was doing a college football segement about the lack of big names coming to play ball in the metroplex this year. he listed all the teams coming to the area and kept saying that he can't get into college football because he doesn't get to see any big time programs live. he was mostly saying that tcu should be in the big 12, but he then went on to say that he doesn't like having to drive to austin to see a big game. he then said that last year he traveled to austin to see his "beloved" mean green play ut and was embarrassed to be in the NT section. anyways, i was a little upset during his rant against local college football, but when he mentioned his "allegiance" to NT, i was irrate! that attitude coming from an alum is exactly what needs correcting at this school. i know there are way too many who feel the same way, but because he's able to go on the air with this attitude makes it 10x worse. i emailed him already, but if anyone wants to join me his email is:

Mike.Taylor@espn1033.com

Let's face it. Last year was and embarrasment. Until the BOR wants to spend $ in to athletics and we get some booster support we will remain at the bottem of Texas College football. You cannot blame a radio talk show host for being honest. This guy tells the truth. You have to be an avid fan to follow the Mean Green. Dedicated! After Baylor last year I was turned off. The Conf. games I was turned back on until I was let down by the Southern Miss game. Granted Bourban Street eased the pain. How are we going to recruit against the Big 12? We are not! But until we get a stadium, Booster support, Baseball team we cannot even go against Conf USA. Mike Taylor is doing The Mean Green Nation a favor pointing out our weakness'.

Let's face it. Last year was and embarrasment. Until the BOR wants to spend $ in to athletics and we get some booster support we will remain at the bottem of Texas College football.  You cannot blame a radio talk show host for being honest. This guy tells the truth. You have to be an avid fan to follow the Mean Green. Dedicated! After Baylor last year I was turned off. The Conf. games I was turned back on until I was let down by the Southern Miss game. Granted Bourban Street eased the pain. How are we going to recruit against the Big 12? We are not! But until we get a stadium, Booster support, Baseball team we cannot even go against Conf USA. Mike Taylor is doing The Mean Green Nation a favor pointing out our weakness'.

cool.gif "How are we going to recruit against the Big 12?".

That's silly. We're NOT, unless you are looking at a long, long term process. The cream of the CUSA, WAC and Mountain West (with exceptions of Utah and Boise State) doesn't recruit against the Big 12. And, those schools had a long time NOT bringing in Big 12 equivalent athletes before they even came close (and it is still not certain that either school can compete "consistently" against that level of competition.

So, what we need to do is begin to recruit competitively against WAC, Mountain West, and CUSA and build our program. Then, we might begin thinking about the Big 12. Before then, it is sheer delusion to even compare the programs.

believe me, i'm not getting upset at the fact that he said it (i was obviously dissapointed, but i was completely understanding). the thing that upsets me is that he then tried to call our team "beloved". i'm realistic and would always say that we are below the other big programs in the state, but i wouldn't say that it keeps me from getting interested in college football. had i not come here, then no, i wouldn't care about local college football probably, but i did and i do!

he did and he should.

believe me, i'm not getting upset at the fact that he said it (i was obviously dissapointed, but i was completely understanding).  the thing that upsets me is that he then tried to call our team "beloved".  i'm realistic and would always say that we  are below the other big programs in the state, but i wouldn't say that it keeps me from getting interested in college football.  had i not come here, then no, i wouldn't care about local college football probably, but i did and i do!

he did and he should.

i did and i freakin am.

great insight j0nat8an. i'm always glad to add another espn personality to my hate list ive been keeping.