8-11 PM practice rained out

mad dog

No mean green report practice update today. But stay tuned for tomorrow morning's practice, when the rookies and the vets meet up in practice for the first time. Also on the horizon on Sunday, when pads come on for the first time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mean green report practice update today.  But stay tuned for tomorrow morning's practice, when the rookies and the vets meet up in practice for the first time.  Also on the horizon on Sunday, when pads come on for the first time.

Do you know what time on Sunday? Is it open to the public? I have to work this Saturday and can't make the BBQ. dry.gif BTW, FFR, if you need more funds for that event, email me and I will catch up with you somewhere in Parker County with a czech. blink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Do you know what time on Sunday?  Is it open to the public?  I have to work this Saturday and can't make the BBQ.  dry.gif  BTW, FFR,  if you need more funds for that event, email me and I will catch up with you somewhere in Parker County with a czech. blink.gif

I think all practices are open. 8:00 AM. If you stop by, look for me. I'm in the red backpack.

Sure man... the practices are open. If you're going to want to come down on the field, though, especially to take notes or pictures, you should clear it first with Eric Capper.

On a sidenote, the guys practiced a little in the rain (which soaked me, too, despite my umbrella), but Dickey called the practice after a few minutes. If they went out after that, I couldn't say. I wasn't about to sit around in the rain to find out.

On a sidenote, the guys practiced a little in the rain (which soaked me, too, despite my umbrella), but Dickey called the practice after a few minutes.  If they went out after that, I couldn't say.  I wasn't about to sit around in the rain to find out.

And people question why we need an indoor practice facility. Almost every high school at the 4a & 5a level in north Texas already has them..... We need one!

most of those indoor facilities are called basketball courts though...some of the high end high schools may have them but i guarantee the majority of 4a and 5a in this region dont have them...

If i could only get myself outta bed before like 3 in the afternoon i would make some of these practices!!!! Working till 230 in the morning is rough!

most of those indoor facilities are called basketball courts though...some of the high end high schools may have them but i guarantee the majority of 4a and 5a in this region dont have them...

If i could only get myself outta bed before like 3 in the afternoon i would make some of these practices!!!! Working till 230 in the morning is rough!

laugh.gif Uhhh no. Im not talking basketball courts here. I'm talking full fledged indoor practice facilities that have 50-70 yd fields with artificial/field turf surfaces. And its more than just a couple, These are just the schools that I know of that have these facilities there may be more

Allen

Wylie

Plano

Plano East

Plano West

Lewisville

Marcus

The Colony

Flower Mound

Hebron

Southlake Carrol

Mckinny North

Coppell

Greenville

Justin Northwest

Weatherford

Yeah but saying that its a shame that WE dont have one when not near the MAJORITY of high schools have them is different....Believe me I want us to get one! but I can name at least 3-5 schools for every 1 u listed....

Dont get me wrong...UNT does need one....

and more than the majority on your list are the High End Schools i was talking about in my post....

And dont kill me if i am wrong here and I am in know way questioning the fact that they have one but do marcus and lewisville share? And where is it located....? I work across form lewisvill high at one of my jobs....

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

Yeah but saying that its a shame that WE dont have one when not near the MAJORITY of high schools have them is different....Believe me I want us to get one!  but I can name at least 3-5 schools for every 1 u listed....

Dont get me wrong...UNT does need one....

and more than the majority on your list are the High End Schools i was talking about in my post....

And dont kill me if i am wrong here and I am in know way questioning the fact that they have one but do marcus and lewisville share? And where is it located....? I work across form lewisvill high at one of my jobs....

We are a Divison 1 football program. Not to have one of these facilities when I can name 16 high schools off the top of my head in the area that have them .... Yes I think that is a SHAME. Being a DI program and not to have better facilities than even ONE high school in the area is a shame. Not blamming anyone, just pointing out the need.

Lewisville and Marcus don't share. They built one on each of the LISD campus' a few years back. Lewisville's is about 50 yds long. If you look past the field house on the south end of the stadium you'll see it. It's between the softball field and the football practice fields

Almost every high school at the 4a & 5a level in north Texas already has them.....  We need one!

Isnt that just a little more than an overstatement. I certianly know that none of the HS in my district have them.

Plus, there are SO MANY other things we need to spend that money on.

laugh.gif  Uhhh  no.  Im not talking basketball courts here.  I'm talking full fledged indoor practice facilities that have 50-70 yd fields with artificial/field turf surfaces.  And its more than just a couple,  These are just the schools that I know of that have these facilities  there may be more

Allen

Wylie

Plano

Plano East

Plano West

Lewisville

Marcus

The Colony

Flower Mound

Hebron

Southlake Carrol

Mckinny North

Coppell

Greenville

Justin Northwest

Weatherford

Boswell has had one since before my son played there. His last season was 98. It's a big barn with about 40 to 50 yrds of turf. About half of the building is a weight room. When they built it, they were a 4-A school.

Don't get me wrong.  I think its a shame we dont have one. But I know this is putting the cart before the horse.  There are much more pressing needs that we need to spend money on.   

Im just wishing we had one

2 Reasons NT Needs An Indoor Practice Facility: blink.gif

(1) Its the latest trend to keep up with the Joneses in the NCAA D1-A facilities arms race.

(2) Its the latest trend to keep up with the Joneses in the NCAA D1-A facilities arms race.

Of course, NT is a unique situation inasmuch as we are building a whole new athletic complex consisting of numerous venues in as quick a period of time as possible and a project that will be capped off with our new 35-40,000 seat football stadium. I don't think many Texas HS's have similar projects nor any other Texas colleges or universities for that matter.

IMHO, we may need to build our indoor facility at NT before we start on our new football stadium but.............I also don't think we need to put a hideous looking piece of junk out at Eagle Point Campus. We (somewhat) already have that with a facility near the Murchison Performing Arts Center, although that facility has had many interior improvements the last 5 years. (If we could have just done something in the past with its exterior--the part people see). sad.gif

But just like the Denton Outlaws owner, we need to wait as long as we need to wait to get the necessary funds to buld a first class looking facility. ***** With 50,000 interstate commuters who pass our Eagle Point Campus every day, all those passengers in all those cars need to see something pretty impressive that they can tell their Texas high school blue chip athlete sons and daughters about.

It's just way too hot in Texas in August and we don't need any more tragedies relating to the heat. Can probably get more work done when your not having to worry about any of your football players having heat related problems.

I think the City of Arlington and the Texas Rangers royally screwed up by not building a baseball stadium with a retractable roof as we speak about the hot Texas weather which I think global warming has been some influence.

GMG!

PS: Weatherford HS has an indoor practice facility? Guess I better go check that out this weekend. I do know they named their huge auditorium at their new HS after NT alum (and big Mean Green Club contributor) Jerry Durant of "JERRY'S AUTO-COMPLEX" fame.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

How many schools in the Sun Belt have indoor practice facilities? That's who we're competing with. Does La Tech have an indoor facility, how about Tulsa. How about TCU or SMU.

1. There are more pressing needs than an indoor practice facility. Like getting our assistant coaches more money. Currently they are at or near the bottom of the conference in salary.

2. We need a new stadium.

3. We need to fill the stadium on a regular bases.

4. We need to expand the season ticket holders.

There are plenty more, but this site does not have the band width to tell what is more important than an indoor practice facility.

Our most pressing immediate need is to raise asst. coaches salaries.

This is a great point. While Mike Price gets the head line here in El Paso and across the region (and he does deserve them), another very important change in the Miners the past couple of year is the level at which they are paying their assistants. This past summer Michigan State tried to hire away their DC but Miners were able to be competitive enough to keep him.

Isnt that just a little more than an overstatement. I certianly know that none of the HS in my district have them.

Plus, there are SO MANY other things we need to spend that money on.

---I don't know of a single indoor practice area in West Texas (except Texas Tech). Most teams practice in the morning and late evening. it is really hot but only for about a month and most coaches use their heads and consider the temperature when scheduling activities. A few activities can be held in the gym when neccessary.

---Schools have a lot of other needs... including text-books which the state government (the last two governors especially) have red-lined from the budget several times. The last time I looked the history textbooks being used listed George Bush as President (the first one). I love football but what happens in the classroom deserves some priority. Again I love football but school is not ALL about football or sports.

**** The above list of schools explains why the "ROBIN HOOD" tax program came into existence. Some school districts can spend money on a building to keep their tough football players in the cool while some districts can't even build decent classrooms and put good supplies in the classrooms.

---We need a new stadium.!!! ---not a practice facility that is only needed a few days a year.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

The way I see it, we play in an outdoor stadium. We ought to be used to the elements if we are going to have to play in them. An indoor practice facility may not prepare us for realistic playing conditions.

Remeber when you were a kid and your coach always said.....

"You play like you practice!"

An indoor practice facility is a great thing if you have nothing else to spend your limited athletic funds on.

Lets go win some football games!

GMG