Preseason Texas Top 10

Baylor rank: which week??... those guys are psycho..... They defeat NT and A&M, barely defeat a weak Texas State, and get stomped by a rather bad Nebraka team.

I expect Aggies to take Tech out this year.. Good Qb and Tech is searching for one (again)...they may be using one that was a freshman redshirt. It will be interesting.

There is no way that Tech will be better then A&M this year. You have to remember that last year A&M had a decent team and i believe had something like 31 redshirt or true freshman on the team, of which 7 or 8 were starters. This years A&M team may just be a dark hoarse to step up and give Texas a run for its money in the BIG XII.

tech's offense is so dangerous, they would murder a&m in lubbock.  also, we should have the edge over houston, and baylor.

Tech/A&M: You may be right..... After looking a schedule, Tech has an very easy beginning schedule and by the time the Aggies show up in November the TxTech QB will be experienced and probably have a lot of confidence. The begining is not all that difficult for the Aggies either but the last three will be tough... Tech, OU and UT.

North Texas... we are difficult to evaluate, lots of inexperience---we may be better than Houston, Baylor, even TCU and UTEP..... a lot depends on how the QB situation shakes out plus will both (O&D) lines be very effective.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Tech may use Sam Harrell this year at QB ... I am guessing he eventually gets the job before year is over . He was red-shirt freshman last year and extrmely effective at Ennis in HS. In an even deal he would be the better choice because he is going to be around a while. Sam's father is the head coach at Ennis and was a HS QB also,. He was a QB on State-Championship team in Brownwood under Gordon Wood. Sam was QB at Ennis when they won state.

True, Aggies have challenging first game, but not un-winnable. The next four of their games should be wins and including those "powerhouses" of smu and Texas State. Those should build confidence and minmize injuries with the bench getting some experience.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

In order solely of what I think their final records will be...

1. Texas (12-0) -- makes me want to vomit, but I think they go all the way.

2. UTEP (11-0) -- look at their schedule...

3. Texas Tech (8-3) yet still go 5-3 in conference, oh wait they play the Southland Conference for OOC.

4. UNT (8-3) Losses to LSU, KSU, and Tulsa

5. Texas A&M (7-4) Losses to: OU, Texas, Tech, and Clemson

6. TCU (7-4/6-5) Losses to: OU, BYU, Utah, CSU ... Toss-Up: Wyoming

7. UH (7-4/6-5) Losses: Don't care...

8. Baylor (4-7) Wins: Samford, Army, Iowa State, OKState (shocker of the year)

9. SMU (4-7/3-8) Losses to: TCU, A&M, Marshall, UAB, UTEP, Tulane, UH ... Toss-Up: Tulsa

10. Rice (2-9/1-10) Losses: Everyone but ECU or UCF, whichever they play. Maybe an upset

In order solely of what I think their final records will be...

1. Texas (12-0) -- makes me want to vomit, but I think they go all the way.

2. UTEP (11-0) -- look at their schedule...

3. Texas Tech (8-3) yet still go 5-3 in conference, oh wait they play the Southland Conference for OOC.

4. UNT (8-3) Losses to LSU, KSU, and Tulsa

5. Texas A&M (7-4) Losses to: OU, Texas, Tech, and Clemson

6. TCU (7-4/6-5) Losses to: OU, BYU, Utah, CSU ... Toss-Up: Wyoming

7. UH (7-4/6-5) Losses: Don't care...

8. Baylor (4-7) Wins: Samford, Army, Iowa State, OKState (shocker of the year)

9. SMU (4-7/3-8) Losses to: TCU, A&M, Marshall, UAB, UTEP, Tulane, UH ... Toss-Up: Tulsa

10. Rice (2-9/1-10) Losses: Everyone but ECU or UCF, whichever they play. Maybe an upset

If we lose to Tulsa U at Fouts Field, fellas', get ready for a long season. sad.gif (But its not going to happen--and someone from CUSA is on the wacky stuff even thinking it). rolleyes.gif

A look at Tulsa Schedule is awful.... . They could start 0-6. 2-4 is optimistic I would say. They may be rather beat down when they play us (OU the week before).

I will be amazed if UTEP gets close to a perfect season, likely 2-3 losses. I can't see SMU doing that well or Rice doing that poorly and I think putting us ahead of A&M is being too kind. We might have more victories but I would think they would be better.

We are likely the biggest mystery on the list, we could do rather well or have a rather bad year. The questions on both offense and defense lines plus QB will be important. Stay tuned.