Are U For Harry/Cerebus Pinning Virtual Video

Keep hoping there will be an update of this virtual video tour by the company in Oklahoma that produced it; especially since we now have completed facilities out at our Eagle Point Campus and with the new tennis complex now under construction.

Who knows, there may be "one" who sees this virtual video tour for the very first time who may want to ($ignificantly) help with the cause (or knows $omeone else who could).

I voted yes....but it's very possible that the Athletic Department put pressure on them to take that video off of this site.

After all...the Athletic Department never released that video. One of the posters on here (CAV) knew about it, and alerted everyone to it.

I'm assuming that you're referring to this video:

New North Texas Stadium and Mean Green Athletic Village

and to these illustrations:

Facilities Under Construction and Planned Facilities

Follow the Wedesday updates on the Mean Green Athletics Site to keep up with construction updates on all the new facilities.

Wednesday Facility Construction Updates

This site has additional links to planned facilities:

Mean Green Athletics Facilities

and I had to throw in these drawings of the North Texas Ballpark slated for completion this upcoming spring.

user posted imageuser posted image

Follow the Wedesday updates on the Mean Green Athletics Site to keep up with construction updates on all the new facilities.

and I had to throw in these drawings of the North Texas Ballpark slated for completion this upcoming spring.

ADLER, without getting as melo-dramatic as usual, I am more than just a bit over-whelmed with these renderings of what our new baseball stadium will be close to looking like. Man oh man oh man ! blink.gif

If this doesn't cause more of our good NT alums and fans to want to invest in this program, I just don't know what its going to take. All that NT has going on at its 200 acre Mean Green Athletic Village (between the 2 Texas interstates) just staggers the mind and is making some of us older nestors dizzy with Eaglish' euphoria! LOL!

SUMG, I think the company up in Tulsa(?) who produced the virtual video tour had it on their website for (obvious) public consumption, but if NT Athletics did (in deed ) asked Harry or Cerebus to be remove it, then removing it was the right thing to do.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I know that our athletic department may not be the best when it comes to getting information out into the public for season tickets and finding easier/convenient methods for the outsiders to join the program.... but,

They are getting alot done. Seeing all of the facility upgrades and new projects has been something sorely needed. this has been something we have been unable to do. I am glad that this department has been successful in all of this so far. I look forward to reaching our ultimate goal of a new stadium.

Bump

laugh.gif

Bad. It looks like half a high school football stadium facing a generic baseball field with no special landscaping or anything to set it apart. I know there'll be a billion "oh my god, how can you complain, it's free" posts as there always are, but just because it's free doesn't mean it shouldn't look nice. I don't see anything that even makes this look like any ballpark I've ever seen, college, minor or pro.

Hopefully it was just a quick mockup and not the direction they're heading, but I don't see why that would be the case.

That baseball stadium looks like ass.

The owner of the Denton Outlaws said he wants to build a baseball stadum at Eagle Point that blends with the rest of all the other venues that will eventually be at the Mean Green Athletic Village. He and Van Poppel are out raising money last I read and IMO they won't build a stadium until they get enough funds to build a first class collegiate-type baseball facility.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

That baseball stadium looks like ass.

It doesn't look great. But....

It is the first phase of what will eventually be North Texas' baseball stadium. It is approximately the most desirable 2500 to 3000 seats with the costs being covered by the Denton Outlaws. When the stadium is also used for NCAA baseball, the long-term completed design will be able to seat over 8000.

The Athletic department will probably wait until the venue is used for Mean Green Baseball before adding a brick and stone facade to make it coordinate with all the other athletic facilities.

Trust me on this. This thing, if built on the Frazer addition is going to have an extremely prominent position. It will clearly be a part of the university that will be on display to both I-35E and I-35W. Bobby Ray, Rick Villarreal, and Norval Pohl aren't going to position something there that looks unpresentable.

It will look presentable, if not downright fantastic.

If you can, go see the Outlaws game this Tuesday, 7/19/05, procedes from that night's game go towards Children's Cancer Research.

OMG the background music is HORRIBLE but a good video other than that!  huh.gif

Probably can blame the company up in Oklahoma for the music since they produced the video. I hardly noticed the music as the visuals would have been what most of us on this board would have been more interested.

Just curious, how long did it take you to download the video?

Bump...

Why doesn't someone make a website dedicated to researching alums,contacting alums,providing info on how to donate, pics of everything planned,and also a database for sun belt/UNT football.

I just don't see anyone who would be willing to donate 30 mil to a sun belt team. sad.gif

I don't see many wanting to donate $30 million, either, but all we are looking for is one.

This is Texas and stranger things have happened among Texas colleges and universities when it comes to some fat cat Texan with a bit of ego and proud of his family name/heritage wanting to tackle such a project.

The names which many on this board are sworn to secrecy that NT fund-raisers have been cultivating is a most impressive list. Even more impressive is that most have a UNT association of some kind.

I defer back to Troy U, folks. They aimed high, shot low and got a nice football stadium because of it. NT Exes need to leave our past behind because its NT's future that Mr. Big Donor will mostly be interested in.

GMG!

Bump, bump.....

I know a CUSA poster who wants to see these links.

----Maybe Bill Gates would like a stadium named for him... He only has about 50,000 million (ie. 50 Billion) He could afford it.......After all the Nobel Prize winner for the integrated circuit (Kilby, who died last month) which is the basis of the modern computer was from Texas Instruments which is located a few miles from Denton and is staffed by a lot of North Texas grads..

It could be "Microsoft Stadium" filled with a "Gates-Kilby Field" in it to honor him as well. Not a bad tax write off. Unfortunately I don't know him personally.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

----Maybe Bill Gates would like a stadium named for him... He only has about 50,000 million (ie. 50 Billion) He could afford it.......After all the Nobel Prize winner for the integrated circuit (Kilby, who died last month) which is the basis of the modern computer was from Texas Instruments which is located a few miles from Denton and is staffed by a lot of North Texas grads..

It could be "Microsoft Stadium"  filled with a "Gates-Kilby Field" in it to honor  him as well.  Not a bad tax write off.   Unfortunately I don't know him personally.

Of course, you'd know that former TI plant is now the NT College of Engineering which outgoing NT president Norval Pohl brilliantly negotiated its purchase for dear ol' alma mater.

I remember reading in some DFW real estate publication how that TI plant purchase by NT really got the attention of the regional real estate industry because it was such a steal of a deal. PLUS.....we got a facility that "only" has 550,000 square feet! blink.gif

One Fine Day.........we will all wake up to read that NORTH TEXAS has landed its Big Donor(s) for our future new stadium @ Eagle Point Campus and I believe that will happen sooner than later. Its going to happen, we just have to be a little more patient.

There are just too many Texas egos of which one out there (and "one" is all we need, folks) will want their family's (or business) name on such a highly visible facility as that new football stadium will be out there between Interstate35-E and Interstate35-W. Can anyone only imagine how many cars pass by that property on a daily basis? rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

This is an extreme example but one potential donor (an ex-student who did not graduate) has an ANNUAL income in the neighborhood of $70 million (great neighborhood). The amount that taxes would not get would pay more than half of that $30 million donation unless a reasonable portion is from tax-free bonds.

There are at least several others with ties to the university that have deep enough pockets to have a stadium named for them with their donation. The money is not lying around in their checking account though, and could require months or even years to free.

Just keep the faith. I don't believe that we would even have an announced Capital Campaign Fund if we didn't have a reasonable certainty of obtaining the goal. All we are trying to determine now is when.

This is an extreme example but one potential donor (an ex-student who did not graduate) has an ANNUAL income in the neighborhood of $70 million (great neighborhood).  The amount that taxes would not get would pay more than half of that $30 million donation unless a reasonable portion is from tax-free bonds.

There are at least several others with ties to the university that have deep enough pockets to have a stadium named for them with their donation.  The money is not lying around in their checking account though, and could require months or even years to free. 

Just keep the faith.  I don't believe that we would even have an announced Capital Campaign Fund if we didn't have a reasonable certainty of obtaining the goal.  All we are trying to determine now is when.

GrayEagle, I have been duly impressed with the names I've heard floating around who have NT connections who could be our ultimate all time NT folk hero in all this.

Some of that group might be attracted to the fact that they won't need to shell out near as much as Boone Pickens has for an Oklahoma State yet still get their name on our new stadium. Last I heard, seems Boone ol' boy was in the $100 million range at least. PLUS THIS FACT: We will have one of the best located college football stadiums in America hands down.

NORTH TEXAS can probaby build all we need for $50 million with a Big Donor plunking down $30 million to get naming rights and to get this thing jump-started. I have to believe NT fundraisers can find 20 others at $1 million each with each of those 20 getting lifetime ultra-luxury suites at our new stadium for they, their companies and their families.

And like Coach Darrell Dickey said (and I very liberally paraphrase): "I've never seen this university fail in anything it has set its mind of doing." Not exactly his words, but close enough. And this university wants a new football stadium at our Eagle Point Campus. TxDOT sorta' wants us to have a new one, too. rolleyes.gif

FOUTS IMPLOSION CEREMONY TBA!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen