The Definitive Denton Restaurant Thread

Harry

Any new or old restaurants that we should be aware of? New chains? New locations? And more importantly do they support UNT?

I have enjoyed Rudy' and I love their support of UNT. Their B-BQ is a little high priced- I'm not a big fan of their scale system - but the food is good. Also the beer is cold.

I wish there were more fun restaurants and bars closer to Fouts...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's my list:

-------------------------

Frilly's (for new orleans "like" seafood)

Rudy's (for BBQ)

Thai Ocha (for asian food)

Katz (for a good Burger)

Yummi's (for greek)

Evergreen (for chinese buffet)

Botchy's Bistro (for that cafe style food and kick ass deserts)

Popeye's (my favorite fast food)

too many good mexican places, i like more of those little dives that are on Elm and Locust near Eagle rather than the larger chains.

Only Rudy's on that list shows outward support of UNT, although I am sure that most support UNT as half of the staff probably goes there.

Edited by eleazar

No question that when I visit Denton, I have to visit these places:

Hooya

Mr. Chopsticks

Sweetwater

Hooters was another great place for their beer/wings, but I wanted to stick with answers that are unique to Denton (in my experience; not sure if there are other Hooyas/SW's).

-gm

But, I have to admit that I like the home cooking at Cracker Barrel and they don't support us.

Cracker Barrel does support colleges in other locations with school merchandise in their gift shop, we need to get on them about NT. mad.gif

Edited by NT80

Cracker Barrel does support colleges in other locations with school merchandise in their gift shop, we need to get on them about NT. mad.gif

I got on Cracker Barrell 2 years before about this in person and with emails to HQ, last football season they had NT hats, sweatshirts etc. Don't know about off season displays. Did you notice this recently?