We can move on now

emmitt01

I know there is still some time left in the game but I'm gonna go ahead and prounounce the one-and-done for our men.

Now, we didn't give them the kind of turn out ALL YEAR LONG that they deserved....but now we can stop the "why don't you attend basketball" threads.

Spring game is coming up soon....softball anyone?

Their inconsistent play tonight summed up their inconsistent suport all year long. In order to have consistent supoprt you have to play consistently well. This team shows signs of greatness and then lays an egg. They go out and beat Denver and lose to Western Kentucky on a fluke last second shot - then follow it up with losses to Sout Alabama (who is TERRIBLE) and a first round loss at home to a very mediocre team when you are hosting the tourney. Just not very good basketball at all.

Alumni working in and around the DFW Metroplex have real problems making it to games on time. My question is, don't we have 20,000 students living in and around the NT campus? Where are they? You'd think 4 to 5,000 students would attend a NT basketball game during tournament time. We have to depend on working Alums to go to games. Same old same old. sad.gif

Can't we just let this topic die???? Either for alumni difficulty getting to weekday games, student apathy, lack or promotion, inconsistent play....For WHATEVER reason, basketball just isnt as popular as football and doesnt get the support it deserves.

I agree with Emmitt ...how long to the spring game???

I asked several friends today and none of them really even knew UNT was hosting the tourney. how about the AD actually promotes the game a little bit and then maybe students will start caring.

All I saw tonight was a rehash of Vic Trilli games from 00-01.

There was no team here only 5 guys playing 1 on 1. The main play seemed to be race down the court then throw up a 3.

I'm relatively new to attending basketball games, but I saw VERY FEW inside center plays. Did we not have an adequate center or what? It was all just dribble around the 3 point line, shot, and tip in the rebound. Finally, in the second half they started driving to the bucket.

Although, I only attended two games this year. I enjoyed them greatly and play on doing the season ticket thing next year. Hopefully, we'll be better.

This is what I will say when it comes to attending sporting events. I left my post in PRINCETON, TX (east of McKinney), at 6 pm, the game started at 5:30. I hauled down 380 as fast as I could "legally" go, and got into the pit with 10 minutes left in the game. I know that alot of alums have to make a living. But, If I can make it to the game, there is NO EXCUSE as to why ANY student can not make it. If the students dont know about the tourney, maybe there are a few people that can go around and let people know about it.

Friday's DRC on the 1988 Coference Tourney in Denton:

Tony Worrell: "It was great in the tournament to look up in the stands and see 7,000 people there. It made all the work worth while."

Tony Hunter: "We were embraced by the students and the community as a whole. The crowd gave us a sense of urgency to play as a team and had a profound impact on us."

North Texas went into that tournament with a record of 14-12.

Friday's DRC on the 1988 Coference Tourney in Denton:

Tony Worrell: "It was great in the tournament to look up in the stands and see 7,000 people there. It made all the work worth while."

Tony Hunter: "We were embraced by the students and the community as a whole. The crowd gave us a sense of urgency to play as a team and had a profound impact on us."

North Texas went into that tournament with a record of 14-12.

You forgot one other:

"We had a coach that knew how to prepare us and make good decisions during the game." Jim Nasium.