Southern @ NT

UNTFan23

I was good to hear from NT alumn Craig Way on the halftime show. Had a lot of good things to say about NT. Also talked about getting ready to do the Longhorn game at the Rose Bowl. Amazingly after over 200 years of football between UT and Michigan this will be the first time the two schools have ever played against each other. Kinda Crazy.

Rick

The game was over with about 12 minutes left in the first half. It was obvious that Southern could not handle our press and were simply outmanned. I did not see Deon Saunders get in the game (in the other thread I talked about his abilities), so that certainly did not help the Jaguars any.

To beat this team (that we lost to last season by double digits) like this is a good indicator of how much better this team is playing at this point in the season.

I think I heard on the MGRN that Southern lost to California by 19, we are beating them by much worse.

*The results posted below verify this. Too bad we don't play Cal. cool.gif

Edited by Coach

Final UNT 95 Southern 73

We're now 5-3.

Southern  lost to our conference mate UALR by only 7.......

The site below showed Southern lost by 15 to UALR, but they also lost by 19 to Cal. The 22 point loss tonight to NT was their largest of the season!

Fri, Nov 19 Kentucky St. W 72-60 -- --

Sat, Nov 20 Stillman W 78-64 -- --

Tue, Nov 23 at California L 63-82 -- --

Tue, Nov 30 at AR Little Rock L 60-75 -- --

Sat, Dec 11 SE Louisiana W 67-65 -- --

Mon, Dec 13 Florida A&M L 81-85 -- --

Thu, Dec 16 at North Texas L 73-95

I was at the game and it wasn't even as close as the final score indicates.

Props to the Pit Crew for giving the visitors a taste of what our team faces when it goes on the road. Better start saving your money, cause this team is headed to the big dance.

Thanks Drex...They deserved every bit of the whoopin they recieved last night after their extremely classy gestures towards our fans and then the wonderful sportsmanship on the court....just to name the most noticable of them....#55 slamming Leonard Hopkins to the ground for no apparent reason....Leonard got em back....One of the nicest dunks i have seen all season....and of course our favorite Southern....#10....direct shove of Sturns as he ran off a screen, dang near sending Sturns into the first row and the nerve to get in his face over it.....and Sturn got them back as well....but my favorite was just the unneeded hacks that isaac took on when he took it in the lane....BUT he too got them back by making someone look ridiculous with a pump fake to get the guy off his feet...Isaac simply ducked under the guy and let the defender jump completely over him...and then hit an easy lay-in... We wont go into anything said to the Pit Crew last night...we will lust leave it with this....That Southern team had some classy players and coaches....now feel free to place sarcasm ALL over that last statement...

I'm trying to stay realistic, but I'm getting pretty dang excited about this years squad.  Twenty wins seems quite possible.

I like Basketball more anyway, but I am also pretty excited about UNT BB. I hope to go to the tournament at the end of the season.

Hope the women's team gets going also. Strangly enough, the women have been more sucessful in the past then the men. NCAA (1), NIT (2 or 3 times), conference champs. Women fell off last season, but it looks like they are on the way back up this year.