Is TX/OU worth $200?

Someone asked the same question approximately 1 year ago:

The premise: If UNT was playing conference game (on campus or off-site) that would basically decide who would play for the national title. Becuase that is what this Saturday will probably decide.

Each of us would spend $200, and give up a kindey to see that contest. Period. Some on this board would probaby even steal the money form their grandmother.

I have a friend who's got a single ticket to the TX/OU game Saturday...is it worth $200 to go?  Is the "experience" worth that much?

I have attended many TX/OU games (most of them VERY close games) with UT friends over the last 15 years and if your a college football fan.....it is DEFINITELY worth it! Especially with both teams undefeated!

This game IS college football. The whole sports world watches it now that both teams are regular top 10 teams.

The atmosphere for this game is better than ANY other sporting event I have ever been to (I have attended an Ohio State/Michigan game). The reason is because it is one of the few rivalries left (Florida/Georgia maybe?) where it is played at a neutral site and the stadium is split at the 50 yard line, half burnt orange and half crimson. During each big play in the game, half of the stadium is cheering and dancing while the other half is cussing and watching the other half go crazy! Television truly does not provide just how great the atmosphere is.

The stadium is electric. I have a friend from high school who played for Texas in the early 90's and he said words could not describe the feeling of running out of the tunnel into that stadium with that type of electricity! These teams HATE each other. This has become THE RIVALRY game.

If you ever get a chance to attend the game.....do it. You won't regret it.

GMG!