Tough times for K-State

Looks like they missed the NCAA this year which is a huge disappointment for them. 

K-State enters NIT play 19-14 overall. The ‘Cats finished 8-10 in conference play before going 1-1 in the Big 12 tournament. It’s the first time missing the NCAA tournament under Jerome Tang, after K-State made an Elite 8 run in 2023.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Because our Tylor Perry transferred there for "greener NIL pastures" and they're now with us in the NIT. Abou Ousmane, who transferred to Xavier is also playing in the NIT.

We would have won many more games, easily qualified for the NCAA Tournament, and probably made a very good run if both of those players remained at North Texas. 

They should have been star players on this years Cinderella team in the tourney, but have been relegated to the role of forgettable journeymen in mediocre seasons at their current schools. It's a high price to pay as they will both miss the tremendous exposure they would have received. Oh well. 

Grass is always greener…. Cowards always run away because they believe they are “worth more”. Biggest lie in modern day America…. Know your worth. Nobody is worth more than anyone else and Loyalty is everything. 

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

We would have been better with Perry and Ousmane, but I don't think we can say we'd easily have made the NCAAs.  The AAC only got two teams in, neither of which was the school that won the regular season title (with only two conference losses).  We may have, and I'd like to think we would have, but it'd likely have taken at least 9-10 more wins than we had.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

53 minutes ago, CMJ said:

We would have been better with Perry and Ousmane, but I don't think we can say we'd easily have made the NCAAs.  The AAC only got two teams in, neither of which was the school that won the regular season title (with only two conference losses).  We may have, and I'd like to think we would have, but it'd likely have taken at least 9-10 more wins than we had.

👆This

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Why are players who transfer from UNT " cowards "but those who transfer to North Texas are not? You seem to want it both ways.

Many are. JUCO or smaller D1 move up one time is understandable. A senior on their last year makes sense. Most of these moves aren’t this. Perry already transferred once to UNT. He did it the correct way. Then turned tail and ran. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, CMJ said:

If those two stayed… if one in particular had stayed… we would have had the closer we so desperately needed. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Travis said:

If those two stayed… if one in particular had stayed… we would have had the closer we so desperately needed. 

Again, not denying we would have been better.  We may have won the regular season title!  But we didn't make the tournament either year Perry was here (and we won a crap load of games with him), so it's really impossible for me to get on board with we would have easily made it this season with him. 

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Again, not denying we would have been better.  We may have won the regular season title!  But we didn't make the tournament either year Perry was here (and we won a crap load of games with him), so it's really impossible for me to get on board with we would have easily made it this season with him. 

I think in the conference, given that we had 2 make it and 3 on and off the bubble (usf, smu, memp), I think with Abou and Perry we are in. We would be a 25+ win team with nice noncon wins and maybe 2 or 3 conference losses. Our resume would have overtaken FAUs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Many are. JUCO or smaller D1 move up one time is understandable. A senior on their last year makes sense. Most of these moves aren’t this. Perry already transferred once to UNT. He did it the correct way. Then turned tail and ran. 

He had a chance to play in the Big 12, one of the best if not the best men's basketball conference and he took it.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, wardly said:

He had a chance to play in the Big 12, one of the best if not the best men's basketball conference and he took it.

Ah…. It’s all about him. Got him…. Must be one of those. “I know my worth”…. “I’m worth something” people. Aka I just run away to only look out for myself. 

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

We didn’t make the tournament last year because of politics. We were the first team ever to be ranked that high and not get in the tournament. For all intents and purposes we were an NCAA tournament team. There is no reason with the compliment of Edwards and Nolan that we would have GREATLY improved over just losing Kai to graduation.  I think we could have easily won those nine games you were mentioning. 

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

We didn’t make the tournament last year because of politics. We were the first team ever to be ranked that high and not get in the tournament. For all intents and purposes we were an NCAA tournament team. There is no reason with the compliment of Edwards and Nolan that we would have GREATLY improved over just losing Kai to graduation.  I think we could have easily won those nine games you were mentioning. 

Even winning those I'm not sure we get in...just saying we'd need to win at least that many to have a shot.

Obviously not counting the chance we could get in by winning the league tournament with fewer wins, which is obviously possible too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Ah…. It’s all about him. Got him…. Must be one of those. “I know my worth”…. “I’m worth something” people. Aka I just run away to only look out for myself. 

So athletics want to compete at the highest level that they can. Others just want to stay in their comfort zone. You must really love those guys.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

18 minutes ago, wardly said:

So athletics want to compete at the highest level that they can. Others just want to stay in their comfort zone. You must really love those guys.

You mean players want to run away for more money and to hide behind a team name instead of compete and truly make something of themselves. Your comment is truly off and wild. I guess it’s just the Lebron and NBA affect. Always run away and look out for your own wallet and hide behind others. 

• RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1