WBB vs. UAB (1/28/24)

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

I think the ladies deserve a thread that isn't started after the game has already begun.

Big game at The Pit at 2pm today in a battle for first place!

Preseason Poll had both teams at like #12 & 13, lol

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Preseason Poll had both teams at like #12 & 13, lol

You got me curious to find the poll and compare where everyone currently is in the standings, overall the difference is pretty staggering:

1. South Florida #10
2. East Carolina  #6
3. Rice #5
4. SMU #9
5. Memphis #11
6. Tulane #13
7. Tulsa #3
8. UTSA #8
9. Temple #7
10. Charlotte #4
11. Wichita State #12
12 North Texas #1
13. UAB #2
14. Florida Atlantic   #14

Preseason poll on the left, actual standing on the right.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Up 14 with five to go. We came to play today.

Good for the ladies. I'll be honest, I never pay attention to them and I think I should start. I pay attention to softball, but they've dictated me to. W Basketball is starting to get me interested. 

Great job, Coach Burton. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Good for the ladies. I'll be honest, I never pay attention to them and I think I should start. I pay attention to softball, but they've dictated me to. W Basketball is starting to get me interested. 

Great job, Coach Burton. 

I have watched more games this year than in all previous years combined. This is a fun team to watch, plays hard, plays together, hustles and never gives up. One of the best moments today was Kernal celebrating taking a charge by running down the court and chest bumping Coach Burton. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Great job, Coach Burton. 

Love the softball ladies! Now the women's hoops are balling out. This is the first game I was able to make it to since the record-breaking opener against UNT Dallas. While that game was fun, I was skeptical about how well our game would translate into D-1 and especially conference opponents. If UAB was supposedly the second-best team the conference has to offer, we should feel very confident going into Fort Worth in March.

Also think the team dislikes UAB, who they let three games get away from them against. When the third UAB player fouled out, Dyani Robinson looked at our bench at counted out the number of fouls on her fingers.