Mean Green Moody Takeover - 2/11 @ 1pm

Thought I'd try to get a head start...

I'm going to email the SMU ticket office tomorrow in regards to group ticket options for the game on Sunday, 2/11 at 1 p.m. in Dallas. I wanted to extend an invitation to the GMG board to see who all is interested in attending, so we can all give as little money as possible to that private school down the road.

Their website is already showing no availability for the lower level... right now you can only buy down there on resale websites.

• Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, drex said:

You can be assured that SMU will figure out a way to screw NT fans with seat placement...they are pros at that.

I am proceding with caution on my emails. I have not let the ticket office know the group would be wearing green.

The visitors bench is in front of Section 113. But I will ask what the availability is in multiple sections to throw them off.

I am sure if we get a pretty large quantity of tickets needed, their young ticket salespeople will be salivating to help us for their commission.

• Upvote 1

Update everyone: the SMU ticket rep said there are currently 18 seats available in Section 113 behind our bench. Not sure if they are all together, but he indicated there may be more available once they are taken off hold. The group rate is $45/ticket and through friends and Twitter, I do have at least 18 people committed to go. Assuming there will be more seats become available, I'd be happy to add anyone here to our group to save some money. The cheapest lower level seat I've seen on StubHub or SeatGeek is like $70.Screenshot_20240116-1704002.png.498ed89ec8bda0dacca1aeebd0b3e654.png

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Do they give our ticket office an allotment?

3 hours ago, Shark84 said:

No. We don't sell tickets for away games in basketball. It says to contact the home school or secondary source for tickets. 

So there is some allotted tickets. Likely mostly used for player families, but not publicly advertised. This is how @Jdawg48 and I got into the Wichita game. However, I have checked with the AD already and their allotment is already used up for games at SMU and Rice.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I’m guessing it was set at that Oklahoma State game. 

I'm pretty sure it was a Maniac-era game, as I faintly recall being told by one of the officers they set a record (or maybe they tweeted it).

I don't not believe it. The student side really filled out at the UNI game for example. Unfortunately, most of the students today are sitting unlike the crowds of The Pit Crew days.

• Pissed 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

Update 1/17: we now have a group of 26, tickets have been bought in Section 113 behind the Mean Green bench throughout Rows 3-5.

There should be opportunity to add more seats near the group. If you want to join in and save $25+ per ticket, let me know.

Great job.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

Update #3: I will be requesting at least 5 more tickets tomorrow to get us to 30+.

Section 113 behind the benches does not have seatbacks, only the other, non-TV side does. 113 will be plastic bleachers.

I believe they will let us expand our group outside of the section if you don't want to spend $45 on a lower-level ticket. But beware: these seats are going for $70-100+ before fees on SeatGeek and StubHub.

Group rates are $25 in the upper level sideline and $15 in the upper level baseline.

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2024 at 7:48 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Thought I'd try to get a head start...

I'm going to email the SMU ticket office tomorrow in regards to group ticket options for the game on Sunday, 2/11 at 1 p.m. in Dallas. I wanted to extend an invitation to the GMG board to see who all is interested in attending, so we can all give as little money as possible to that private school down the road.

Their website is already showing no availability for the lower level... right now you can only buy down there on resale websites.

I just sent you a message and would like to get in on this group if still available.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Update #4: We're at 31 tickets purchased for our group. We essentially cannot add anymore in the lower level except for about four more seats in Section 114 -- this section is parallel to the court but completely behind the goal so the views aren't going to be good. There is nowhere else in the lower level for them to give us group discounted seats.

HOWEVER, we can still add to the group, even if the additional seats are not with the rest of us. If you would like to join the group at a discounted rate, shoot me a message! You can still find some lower level seats available on the resale market, but will be lucky to find a seat at under $100 before fees.

Below the image I have the sections with the normal price vs. the group price.

Bright red - normal cost $85/group cost $50
Upper row sideline - normal cost $30/group cost $25
Upper row baseline - normal cost $20/group cost $15

image.png.6f4220fcea397b11144b06938bd8125e.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, untcampbell said:

Leave it to a ScottC for righteous commentary. Perhaps there is a chance for world peace.

Signed,

Scott Campbell

GMG

Don’t trust him. He’s an inside operative hired to lure us in. Until I am proven wrong, I will refer to him as Fang Fang. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Update #5: We're at 35 tickets sold. There are no more lower level seats available SMU can sell for groups - in fact if you want to sit in the lower level you're gonna have to fork out some cash on StubHub or SeatGeek. However, there are still several clumps of 10+ seats in the upper level that can be bought at a group discounted price of $15 to $50 so we can still get Mean Green fans together. If you'd like to get that discount, let me know so I can reach out to the SMU rep.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...