Graduation Requirements

El Paso Eagle

16 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Well if they went to another school before for 2-3 years, it's pretty easy.

if he was a school for 2-3 yrs in the same state, maybe, but Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas all have different requirements. Is he actually graduating?  

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

How are players coming to a school and graduating in one year? I thought there were a minimum number of hours required at a university to graduate from that university?

I think a lot of it has to do with high school kids entering college as a sophomore or sometimes even a junior.  Lots of dual credit classes etc.  My friends daughter had her associates degree before she graduated high school.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Graddean said:

Many colleges require a minimum number of hours to be completed at the institution to receive a degree.  The number is typically about 30 or the equivalent of two full time semesters.

Thank you. Rogers has most likely completed 30 hours since he arrived before last spring.

19 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

That assumes he will not transfer out at the break.

I hope all of the portal guys leave at the semester. I really hope we aren't paying their tuition and room/board in the Spring. That's fine if they have decided to move on but we shouldn't have any obligation to continue to pay their way. Let their new school foot the bill. If it was our decision to ask them to move on, then we should honor our end of the deal and pay for them through the Spring. 

• Upvote 5

On 12/5/2023 at 2:40 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

How are players coming to a school and graduating in one year? I thought there were a minimum number of hours required at a university to graduate from that university?

Several people missed the main point of your post.

I found these general requirements:

UNT Residency Requirement

• A major of at least 24 semester hours. At least 12 hours of advanced work (3000/4000 level) in the major must be earned at UNT (except for the BAAS degree).
  • A minimum of 36 semester hours of advanced work, 24 of which must be completed at UNT. Many degrees at UNT require 42 advanced hours, see the college/school degree requirements of your major in the catalog for details. A lower level course that, when transferred, is determined to be equivalent to a UNT upper-level course does not satisfy the requirement of advanced hours. 
  • Twenty-five percent of the university minimum of 120 semester hours (i.e., 30 hours) must be earned in residence at UNT.
  • Thanks 2