Quarterback

Cr1028

Just now, greenminer said:

I don't know if this has been talked about, but I personally feel better today about Rogers.  If he was going to go to the portal, I feel like it would have been annoucned by now.

Like I said before, I think Earle leaving was a sign that Rogers plans to stay and I hope our two collectives reward him for it.

• Upvote 3

On 11/30/2023 at 9:10 PM, UNTLifer said:

For one, he stated in the recent DRC Mean Green newsletter that "We have a lot of confidence heading into the off season.  We understand how close we are."

On 11/30/2023 at 10:21 PM, Cr1028 said:

Last March Gumms was talking about why he chose to stay at North Texas and how spring workouts were going with the new staff while on Sanoe’s show. A week later he entered the portal. Until week 1 of the 2024 season comes, I’m not convinced of anything.

boom-goes-the-dynamite.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1

I played QB in high school, it was only 28 years ago and have found 70 extra pounds since then. The good news is I’m only requiring $50/month from the collective, could help around the athletic facility when not watching film, and could assist others with homework. Let me know who I need to call, thinking I should start with Morris. He’ll make me a first rounder! 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

6 hours ago, MeanGreen01 said:

I played QB in high school, it was only 28 years ago and have found 70 extra pounds since then. The good news is I’m only requiring $50/month from the collective, could help around the athletic facility when not watching film, and could assist others with homework. Let me know who I need to call, thinking I should start with Morris. He’ll make me a first rounder! 

Thanks, Paul Blake. We'll let you know.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, MeanGreen01 said:

Did you score four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against our old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, UNT 78 said:

I’m confused, can a player transfer every year without penalty? Can someone explain the transfer rules?

I don't think anyone knows the rules for sure. Supposedly you get a one free transfer, one free transfer if you graduate, and free transfer if your head coach leaves. The extra COVID year made it possible for many to be able to use the grad transfer. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2023 at 10:19 AM, Shark84 said:

I don't think anyone knows the rules for sure. Supposedly you get a one free transfer, one free transfer if you graduate, and free transfer if your head coach leaves. The extra COVID year made it possible for many to be able to use the grad transfer. 

Start out at a four-year School transfer number one to a junior college. Transfer number two back to a four year school. So far none of these transfers counts against your one free transfer. Transfer number three you go to another four year school. This is the first one that counts. Transfer number four you go as a graduate transfer to another school.

On 12/6/2023 at 10:06 AM, greenminer said:

Did you score four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against our old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon?

You go Al

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2023 at 10:06 AM, greenminer said:

16 minutes ago, untphd said:

You go Al

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0-DmAkDylE0Ch8JRIklv

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2023 at 10:20 AM, SilverEagle said:

Claiming words.  That's a good start.

Welp, so much for my assessment process.  Looks like NIL is bringing out the "it's all about (or mostly about) me"  in players. You know, I wonder how, in the long run, this is going to affect a QB's relationship with the guys (especially the marginal NIL ones) that are supposed to protect them. Why should they bust their asses to get better and protect a player that will leave for better pay and screw loyalty. 

Someone mentioned in another thread that Morris needs a little time to get players in that will buy into the culture that he is establishing.

Welp, Rogers would be his first "oops" on that one.

Sadly culture is going to take on a completely different meaning hence forward.

• Upvote 2