Empty Seats

Shark84

I've noticed the past few years that lots of empty lower bowl seats have the white season ticket banners on them. Wish we could start a program where those seats could be donated to local schools, first responders or youth groups. The Mavericks do that on their Veterans Day celebrations. The companies or people that buy them could get a tax break and people that want to see the games could fill those seats. Is this an AD question?

• Upvote 6

Also went to buy single game tickets last night behind our bench (like I did for several games last year) and all were grayed out as though sold. So, decided to stay at the house (don’t judge) and saw that area with quite a few empty seats without the white sleeves for season tickets— what give??? Is the AD saving them for mini packages or hoping they are sold for season tickets. The AD should release them day of for the game. 

Edited by UNT Family Man
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I’d love to have some system for season ticket holders to easily “give up” their seats so others can fill in the lower levels. 

But somewhat on topic, I’d really like for them to figure out a way to make the “loge” look better (specifically on the broadcast). It’s just black boxes that have no life to them. Paint them green, slap a logo on them, something. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, UNT Family Man said:

Also went to buy single game tickets last night behind our bench (like I did for several games last year) and all were grayed out as though sold. So, decided to stay at the house (don’t judge) and saw that area with quite a few empty seats without the white sleeves for season tickets— what give??? Is the AD saving them for mini packages or hoping they are sold for season tickets. The AD should release them day of for the game. 

I know I’m section 122, multiple people were out of town and not there or other commitments. Usually more full for the first 6-7 rows in 122 and 121

On 11/12/2023 at 12:08 PM, Shark84 said:

I've noticed the past few years that lots of empty lower bowl seats have the white season ticket banners on them.

I still have no idea who distributes those white banners on the seats.  I've had season tickets for multiple seasons in 121, and no one has put those banners on my seats.  I sit by other people who have 2-4 season tickets, and they also don't have banners on their seats. 

Who knows if the regularly empty white-tagged seats even have season tickets attached to them at this point?

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Pissed 1