Orange Lot Parking Citations

NTEX91

I have been parking in the Orange Lot for football and basketball games for the past 10 years.  During last nights basketball game I was issued a $35.00 citation for unauthorized visitor parking.  Anyone else get one of these souvenirs?  I noticed several other vehicles on the same row I parked on with citations.

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, NTEX91 said:

I have been parking in the Orange Lot for football and basketball games for the past 10 years.  During last nights basketball game I was issued a $35.00 citation for unauthorized visitor parking.  Anyone else get one of these souvenirs?  I noticed several other vehicles on the same row I parked on with citations.

Where is the orange lot? I think fouts field parking  lot is for basketball games. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Yeah I got one too. I've been going to about 4 basketball games a year for the last 3 years and have never had a problem.

I swear on the athletics website 2 or 3 years ago, they had a section on the men's basketball page, saying that anywhere in the Fouts parking lot (lot 20) was free to park in for basketball games. 

But looking at their website now all it says is "North Texas Athletics and the Mean Green Scholarship Fund offer a variety of parking options on Mean Green basketball gamedays. Eligible members must be a men’s or women’s basketball season-ticket holder in order to receive season-parking benefits."

https://meangreensports.com/sports/2018/8/28/gamedayparking

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, ADLER said:

This is where you are directed to park per the UNT Athletics web site:

SUPER PIT PARKING

image.png.cdf875947cf1c4e89014cdc749ed531f.png

Free Parking for North Texas Basketball Games

Where were these citations being issued? 

I got one smack dab in the middle of lot 20. Parked somewhere around here. Im going to call the parking office today and see if I can get it appealed, because I thought basketball parking was free.

image.png.b3b04a4660c830244ad6f96028586ca2.png

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, j5f8k said:

I got one smack dab in the middle of lot 20. Parked somewhere around here. Im going to call the parking office today and see if I can get it appealed, because I thought basketball parking was free.

image.png.b3b04a4660c830244ad6f96028586ca2.png

That is exactly where the UNT site tells you to park for FREE at basketball games. I posted the PARKING FOR UNT BASKETBALL link above.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I wonder if Campus PD snuck in some policy changes without Jared's approval/involvement.

Yeah I read their Campus parking policy PDF, and there's literally nothing about game day parking for basketball games, only football game day parking

https://transportation.unt.edu/_resources/images/2023_2024_rules_and_regulations.pdf

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Victorygreen04 said:

Where are we "supposed" to park??

Yeah that's the confusing part, the super pit parking info page on the athletics website is not very well put together. (Which as a side note, is pretty dang hard to find)

but it doesn't say explicitly where to park. Other than having parking lot 20 highlighted in the picture, it doesn't say "Park in lot 20 for free on basketball game day"

image.png.5d3574dfb5d95f355ef20d123be94e6f.png

https://meangreensports.com/sports/2018/8/28/gamedayparking

Edited by j5f8k
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to know the outcome of any disputes. Last year I brought 12 with me as the only UNT connection to a game in 3 different cars. I'd hate for family/friends to go to a game only for them to get parking tickets. If I get a BS ticket for messing up, I'll figure it out but I can't invite people and have them drive away with a ticket. This is not the way to grow a program.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, NTEX91 said:

On 11/8/2023 at 11:18 AM, NTEX91 said:

I work with UNT's Transportation Services group and we are in the process of correcting this issue, which was a miscommunication with one of our team. Those who parked in Lot 20 for the Nov. 7 basketball game should not have been given citations. Parking is free for those games. If that ever changes we will advertise in advance. If you are on Instagram, X or Facebook you can always follow us: @UNTTransit for information about parking. If you have any questions please call our customer service reps at 940-565-3020.

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I think posting a link is better and easier, but maybe it's really hard on some of your devices to copy-paste, and you'd rather just screen-shoot and manually upload the file.

I agree but when I tried to post the link it would not work. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont. My apologies...

• Upvote 2