Calling This Before I Can Say "I Told You So"

rojomojo

6 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Lots of funny stuff but no quotes. You guys are masters of the double & triple quote, but now it’s radio silence 🤐 . You must remember when you stated that A-Scott was The Incredible Disappearing Player or how the bigger the moment the smaller he plays. There must be something. Of course it would be followed by others that agreed. Quote it. 

you might have me confused with another poster on those quotes...I've certainly been a bit surprised that Scott hasn't fully developed into a trusted first/second scoring option...I've definitely put some of that on Hodge for not running sets that put Scott in advantageous areas more...

I think I at least have been equally critical of everyone. 

we get it though...you and Jason split a 20 piece chicken fingers meal, accidentally reached for the same piece, touched hands, locked eyes...and ever since it just feels like you're walking on clouds and you get super emotional when anyone says anything but the dreamiest things about him. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

16 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

you might have me confused with another poster on those quotes...I've certainly been a bit surprised that Scott hasn't fully developed into a trusted first/second scoring option...I've definitely put some of that on Hodge for not running sets that put Scott in advantageous areas more...

I think I at least have been equally critical of everyone. 

we get it though...you and Jason split a 20 piece chicken fingers meal, accidentally reached for the same piece, touched hands, locked eyes...and ever since it just feels like you're walking on clouds and you get super emotional when anyone says anything but the dreamiest things about him. 

Like I said, Quick Draw McGraw with the zingers, but nothing to refute my statement. But I did a quick & dirty portal scrub. Forgive me if I’m off by 1 or 2 because I wrote the query quickly.

Game Thread - Player Mention - Net +/-

Buggs 1 negative mention

Scott 2 negative mentions 

Stone 1 positive mention 4 negative mentions 

Moore 1 positive mention

Rob 1 positive mention

CJ 5 positive mentions 1 negative mention

Rubin 8 positive mentions 1 negative mention

Edwards 2 positive mentions 14 negative mentions (excluded anything posted by me)

#DreamiestOfResults #ShareTheCriticism

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Like I said, Quick Draw McGraw with the zingers, but nothing to refute my statement. But I did a quick & dirty portal scrub. Forgive me if I’m off by 1 or 2 because I wrote the query quickly.

Buggs 1 negative mention

Moore 1 positive mention

Rob 1 positive mention

Edwards 2 positive mentions 14 negative mentions (excluded anything posted by me)

Way too much time on your hands.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Buggs 1 negative mention

Moore 1 positive mention

Rob 1 positive mention

Of all games to cherry pick a point, it's certain to be this one you select. 

He shot 30% from the field, 11% from 3, 2 TO v 1 asst, and 15 points on 20 shots. That warrants every single critique he received. Surprised it wasn't more with that kind of line. 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I've been pretty busy, but I wanted to post some observations. And I don't want to come off as sounding anything like @rojomojo, but there are concerns here...

1. Ross is getting outcoached more than he is out coaching. He let's runs go on and rarely interrupts them with timeouts. He leaves timeouts on the board in late game situations. He doesn't set plays for crucial pivot points of games, disrupting a momentum swing with a set bucket, out of timeout under our basket he seems content on getting the ball in bounds rather than running a set for an easy bucket, from a far he doesn't seem to demand perfection during games, doesn't work officials throughout games, etc. I'm not saying he's out of his element, but he clearly has a lot to learn at this level of basketball. I didn't expect to win conference, and I didn't even expect to be a top 4 seed. I did expect to flirt with 20 wins. That's the barometer in building programs, stacking 20-win seasons. 

2. I like Aaron Scott, his length, his hustle, but he has to be a more consistent producer offensively. He no shows too frequently. 

3. Jason Edwards: he's a bucket getting that plays with no efficiency. He has to be a volume shooter to be a volume scorer, because he doesn't know how to draw contact. He plays away from contact. In the NBA, that's fine. This isn't that. Also, he is a suspect ball handler that doesn't really need to be the 1, ever. 

4. Our bigs: They play well in spurts and then it's as if they aren't even on the floor in large portions of the game. 

5. Injuries have hurt us. No other way to put it. Rubin being absent has hurt the most, particularly for his defensive play. 

6. Defensively, we aren't the same team, because we aren't the same team on offense. It's very clear Mac dictated our pace when he was here, and Ross benefitted by that as the defensive assistant. 

7. Minimum goal from here on out: do not finish below .500 and go win a game in the conference tourney. NIT is probably out of the picture, so accept the CBI invitation and let's see if we can put together a run in that. 

Umm the stats would argue otherwise. PPG against a better conference dropped a little but still top 10 nationally. Where is Tech?

I think we will be very close to 20 wins, so sounds like to your standards this is close to meeting expectations.

I will agree that Hodge is not as animated as Grant. And I think he toned that down some because I remember last season he was in kids' faces as much as Grant.

Your last point is what I have been saying for a few weeks now. Grant was 20-18 and CBI champ in his first year. We definitely have the opportunity to be pretty close to that.

Edited by BigWillie
  • Downvote 1

Buggs 1 negative mention

Moore 1 positive mention

Rob 1 positive mention

It's kinda like when your Dad expects more out of you because he sees the potential. Does that sound familiar?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

amazing how we've gotten better at basketball, yet some how this place keeps managing to get dumber. 

almost makes you long for the Benford days.

Sometimes I question if getting the Basketball Forum placed on top of GMG was a good thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Buggs 1 negative mention

Moore 1 positive mention

Rob 1 positive mention

and after a Mavs' loss no one blames Josh Green or Maxi Kleber...they blame Luka or Kyrie...yet in doing so no one questions how good and important those players are. 

here...refute this...Edwards had a shit game against UTSA. 

now...so did everyone else. both things can be true. 

I don't know, nor care, about whatever your personal (or perceived) relationship with Jason Edwards is. but he's done nothing to make him above criticism in the midst of a 3-7 stretch. 

your posts are an asswhip at this point and adding nothing. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Of all games to cherry pick a point, it's certain to be this one you select. 

He shot 30% from the field, 11% from 3, 2 TO v 1 asst, and 15 points on 20 shots. That warrants every single critique he received. Surprised it wasn't more with that kind of line. 

Same critique in back to back 30 point games. Check those stat lines. What was the excuse then? Rhetorical.

He can’t close them. Save 10 puppies from a burning building and crucified for the one you don’t. 

• Eye Roll 3

42 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Have you seen NONE of the Matt Stone posts??!

Were you not paying attention in class today? I said that Matt Stone was the first player I felt I had to defend. Then Edwards became the favorite whipping boy, so I starting defending him. The mud count from last game had Edwards 1st and good ole Matt in 2nd. This board has been consistent. That cannot be denied.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Were you not paying attention in class today? I said that Matt Stone was the first player I felt I had to defend. Then Edwards became the favorite whipping boy, so I starting defending him. The mud count from last game had Edwards 1st and good ole Matt in 2nd. This board has been consistent. That cannot be denied.

does Jason know about this?!?!

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

and after a Mavs' loss no one blames Josh Green or Maxi Kleber...they blame Luka or Kyrie...yet in doing so no one questions how good and important those players are. 

here...refute this...Edwards had a shit game against UTSA. 

now...so did everyone else. both things can be true. 

I don't know, nor care, about whatever your personal (or perceived) relationship with Jason Edwards is. but he's done nothing to make him above criticism in the midst of a 3-7 stretch. 

your posts are an asswhip at this point and adding nothing. 

Your retorts are those of a reckless fool and also add nothing. What happened to you reading, disagreeing, and moving on with your life as I suggested? 

A bunch of grown ass men piling on a kid on a message board. You are about as pitiful as that team that trots out 1-2 times per week. The lone player that keeps you from being the embarrassment of the league is your whipping boy. My only question is Why? What is that you know and I don’t? He had to have done something to piss off you 12 angry men. Do tell.

• Eye Roll 1

24 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Ytho GIF

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Same critique in back to back 30 point games. Check those stat lines. What was the excuse then? Rhetorical.

He can’t close them. Save 10 puppies from a burning building and crucified for the one you don’t. 

Sure, but nothing like this past game thread. 

But understand, we have been spoiled with efficiency at the offensive end of the court, particularly at the 1 and 2. Jason Edwards has some very good attributes, but efficiency is not one of them. And that may be the driving force to the negativity. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

First you do care or you wouldn’t mention it repeatedly. Relationship? Now that is a stretch. Is that why you have your panties in a bunch? We live in the same apartment complex.  🤣

Second, he led the American in scoring in back to back weeks. But as you stated, he’s done NOTHING to make him above criticism in the midst of a 3-7 stretch.

Tough crowd. 

Edited by HoosMeanGreen

59 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

You are about as pitiful as that team that trots out 1-2 times per week. The lone player that keeps you from being the embarrassment of the league is your whipping boy.

This doesn’t sound like someone who “supports the team” as you ranted about a few weeks ago.

• Downvote 1