SMU left the AAC because UNT joined👀👀

Jonnyeagle

7 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

That is not going to command the 25+ million per school that the schools are used to. You can’t replace those schools

Same tired and senseless logic was applied to the Big 12 when it lost Texas and OU to the SEC.  We simply don't know what the value of these media deals is going to be in 7-10 years.  

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

On 11/14/2023 at 2:18 PM, ntmeangreen11 said:

Not that I'm not jealous, because getting in to the ACC is a VERY big deal, and SMU deserves kudos for that, but do you believe the donors footing the bill for this move will be happy with their investment if you wind up being the Vanderbilt of the ACC?

Why is it a big deal, they are paying a fortune to be in a conference with no close members?

Kind of like NT in the Big West, other than NT didn't have any other options.   Football may if they spend enough NIL money be successful, but I think they have substantially harmed all their other sports with the exception of Women's soccer.   

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I can't help but think that it is a big FU from the conference to FSU to make them be SMUs conference opener and have them traveling to SMU. Also funny: SMus opener will already be FSUs fourth conference game. Feels like they see other games as more important than the conference

Edited by outoftown