North Texas Adds 6 Games for Future

TheReal_jayD

5 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

But let’s be real. The current playoff guidelines are probably getting blown up in the next 1-2 years.

Yeah I agree. I posed in another one of these mega threads the question of which one breaks first, the NCAA or these mega conferences. With the new guidelines that haven't even taken effect yet, these schools leaving the PAC 12 are killing their chances at a football national championship. They now have to battle it out in 16-18 team conferences for 1 conference champion bid. I'm curious how this will affect basketball bids as well. Does this mean teams with records of 10-20 are going to get at-large bids because they played 25 Quad 1 games? I realize these schools are following the money but the NCAA apparently having zero say in all of this (not that I'm surprised) is going to cause some major shakedown in the way postseason teams are selected.

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

FirefightnRick, do they have an ROTC program over there?  Those are some pretty cool "Arty" pieces they have there.

Yes, and Memorial Stadium honors their 179 who died in WWII.  And here is the unveiling of a statue honoring Maj. Gen. Rudder and the naming of Rudder Way.

https://youtu.be/Z1mwUoOXLE4

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I would like to visit Kalamazoo, too, especially when it's still warm.

We should be scheduling Tarleton for every revenue sport nonconference season in my opinion. They will bring a good crowd, since they hand out diplomas from a drive-thru window according to my high school science teacher.

North Alabama doesn't move the needle, but South Alabama next year gets me hyped because that's a Labor Day weekend trip to Gulf Shores.

Kalamazoo is a fun college town.

7 hours ago, kingwoodgreen said:

Tailgate by the pyramids ? 

I get the shady side. You think Denton is hot in early September…

As my Dad used to say, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Remember when K-State sucked and Snyder turned them around. He played “lower level” teams and started winning. I swear, some will complain about anything around here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Setting the bar pretty low there.   If we played The University of Cairo, they would bring more fans than SMU. 

If it’s the American University of Cairo I could be counted since I am an alumnus. Just plain University of Cairo, I can’t help you there. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Come on, guys!  Give me a break!  I've got somewhere between five minutes and five years left on planet Earth!  And, here you are scheduling us to go to the other team first.  The odds are that I won't still be alive for the return visit.  How about scheduling home first?

I hope I make it till the 2026 season when we play at Wyoming at Laramie.  Never seen a College football game in Laramie or anywhere in Wyoming.

...and I'd also like to say it's hopefully unlikely I'd die from old age before 2026.  It's more likely my wife kills me in a rage over asking her to go to Laramie, Wyoming, to watch a football game.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Oh Boy! 1

28 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Back to the original theme of the thread - I saw on a Twitter (X) feed that "an AAC member" was going to announce a home and home with a "PAC-12" member, but that because of the craziness yesterday the announcement was going to be delayed. 

Plot twist, the home and home with SJSU is the home and home with the PAC12 as they're expected to receive admission into the new PAC12.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1