Mean Green Golfers in the U.S. Open

UNTLifer

Because they are (were?) LIV golfers they both got in the hard way -through the qualifiers. Lets see where it gets em.

On another note, for what its worth I think those two will do just fine in the merger (I take it theyl be allowed back onto the PGa tournaments fairly soon). The UNT alumni who will probably get a raw deal from the goings on are Snyman and Rosenmueller I figure.

Edited by outoftown

6 hours ago, outoftown said:

Because they are (were?) LIV golfers they both got in the hard way -through the qualifiers. Lets see where it gets em.

On another note, for what its worth I think those two will do just fine in the merger (I take it theyl be allowed back onto the PGa tournaments fairly soon). The UNT alumni who will probably get a raw deal from the goings on are Snyman and Rosenmueller I figure.

Why Snyman and Rosenmueller?  They aren’t even on tour. 

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Why Snyman and Rosenmueller?  They aren’t even on tour. 

That is exactly why. They are trying to get to the tour (in Snymans case he was trying to get to the LIV tour where he played two events last year) and to at least hang on to their status on the secondary tours they are on. Both are having mediocre years. If they combine tours they have to makes space for retruning pros. That means sliding down someone further down the pecking order. That will necessarily reduce the number of spots to move up from a secondary tour and also reduce the number of spots to even hang on to a spot there. That is fairly likely to hit those two, as they are ranked something like 50-100 in their respective tours. Rosenmueller is baarely top 100 on the kornferry, he is already hanging on by a thread to be able to return. The difference between that and the tours below is whether you life FROM competitive golf, or WITH competitive golf.

For Snyman the question is also if LIV is gonna continue to exist or if the asian tour is gonna keep having a direct tie in to any major tour as it does now with LIV (its not a super great tie in mind you, but Snyman did get to play twice last year, and he was already one of thos canned for the stars https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/the-14-players-who-have-made-way-for-liv-golf-stars). if it doesn't I am not sure where the asian tour has any tie ins with any other major tour. maybe they can work out something with the European leg , since that is also now merging with the others, but my gut feeling is the players in the mid rankings on the secondary tours are the ones who will get hosed.

Edited by outoftown

8 hours ago, outoftown said:

Both are having mediocre years.... as they are ranked something like 50-100 in their respective tours. Rosenmueller is baarely top 100 on the kornferry, he is already hanging on by a thread to be able to return. 

These guys are "getting hosed" because of the above.  Just like before the ridiculous LIV entered the picture, you have to qualify.  Play well and you are in, play mediocre and ...