Alcorn State (3/15/23)

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Abou with the miss on the easy bucket then the foul for the and one. I expect better from a third year player and starter. Cmon Abou. Can’t miss those easy shots at the rim. 

Sissoko has passed Abou late in the year. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, NTXDJ said:

Sissoko looks quicker than Ousmane to me, and appears to be playing more aggressively of late.  I was really hoping that Ousmane would improve that little jump hook he shoots this year, but it looks pretty similar to last year's. 

That little jump hook seems to seldom hit. We can't keep being that inefficient so close to the rim.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Moore, Jones, Stone, Scott, Sissoko to start next year? 

Is it 100% that Perry isn’t using his extra year and Huntsberry is done? Oh, and Abou will start. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Abou is just so dang inconsistent that it'd almost rather him not go for the hook shots and other. Get me some offensive boards and most importantly, hit the bunnies through contact. That's where Ousmane is really frustrating at times.

all said, match-up or not, I'm surprised Abou hasn't played at all in the second half. there is likely something more here,.

I'd be curious to see how American conference teams play...I admittedly don't know much about our future rivals. Abou is a weapon in CUSA when he's on bc so few teams really have a classic back-down center. having more athletic/less-skilled big men like Sissoko is going to be valuable no matter what, though. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

all said, match-up or not, I'm surprised Abou hasn't played at all in the second half. there is likely something more here,.

I'd be curious to see how American conference teams play...I admittedly don't know much about our future rivals. Abou is a weapon in CUSA when he's on bc so few teams really have a classic back-down center. having more athletic/less-skilled big men like Sissoko is going to be valuable no matter what, though. 

Sissoko is raw but physically he's impressive, works hard, and seems to learn well. He's getting better.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Moore needs PT. Real PT.

he looks a real baller. more because of the nature of college sports and player movement/empowerment, I've a bit of fear that he may bolt...especially if both TP and Kai come back next season...but hopefully he's locked into the program and where things are going and wants to be a part of it. 

I'd be curious to see what he can do in 10-15 minutes a night. a real 6th man style spark-plug. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Is it 100% that Perry isn’t using his extra year and Huntsberry is done? Oh, and Abou will start. 

Perry could definitely come back but Huntsberry does appear to be done. He played in 18-19 and 19-20 at the JUCO level, then in 21-22 at U of Mary and 22-23 here. He is listed as a Senior rather than “5th” or “6th” because he didn’t actually play during the COVID year (20-21) so he’s not taking advantage of the extra year. He just played 4 regular seasons of college basketball outside the COVID season.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

he looks a real baller. more because of the nature of college sports and player movement/empowerment, I've a bit of fear that he may bolt...especially if both TP and Kai come back next season...but hopefully he's locked into the program and where things are going and wants to be a part of it. 

I'd be curious to see what he can do in 10-15 minutes a night. a real 6th man style spark-plug. 

See, I'd like to see him get 20+ per game. Huntsberry's eligibility is done. The minutes at guard are there. We need somebody who can put the ball in the basket. There's no reason Moore can't be a starter or Perry-type 2021-2022 6th man and not just a spark plug. 

30 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see. There have been a couple guys we have been reported to have reached out to who, while not true 5s, would probably carve into Abou’s minutes. Aaron Scott is so hard to take off the floor at the 4, so if we landed someone like Zack Austin, that would make us even less reliant on Abou.

Still expect him to start but maybe instead of keeping him on the court through these 2-10, 5-15 type performances he has had, we just utilize our other options. Sort of like tonight

• Upvote 1