Softball - Woo Pig Classic

Wow, another great win for the Mean Green. Way To Go Ladies! (and coaches)

image.thumb.jpeg.7a632a0a5129642ec41e882f46341f84.jpeg

I also wanted to say how nice it is that the whole softball team comes over to the stands at the culmination of each game, does their NORTH-TEXAS! NORTH-TEXAS! NORTH-TEXAS! cheer, sings our alma mater, and thanks the fans that come out to support them. They're very classy, and they represent the university so well.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

I know we joke about the black but this is Starting to get ridiculous with the softball team. I don't like the fact on their Twitter page they hardly ever show live shots but it seems like almost every game they wear black or mainly black uniforms.

PS - I hope they turned it around against Corpus Christi. Regardless of who is on the mound for them this would be a very bad loss

13 hours ago, blurbeard said:

Interesting! Went to ESPN+ and the SEC channels I receive….nothing! I’ll try again today.

I searched by sport. It wasn’t listed in the replays, but found it by clicking on softball and then scrolling down. 

6 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Green trail Corpus Christi, 3-2 after four.

Gamble had a first-inning 2-run bomb for the second straight game.

Corpus answered with a solo shot to center.

Then three consecutive errors in the top of the 4th allowed the Islanders to put two more across.

Corpus Christi is playing their ace.

That was a tough loss.  We only gave up 3 hits and 1 earned run and lost 2-3 on 2 unearned runs.

28 minutes ago, NT80 said:

That was a tough loss.  We only gave up 3 hits and 1 earned run and lost 2-3 on 2 unearned runs.

It all came down to the fielding meltdown in the fourth inning with three straight errors, twice in a row they tried to get overly aggressive by getting the lead runner instead of getting the sure out at 1st. TAMU-CC's pitcher had a great game, too, though. A lot more control than what ISU threw at us today.

Maybe they will surprise us tomorrow, but Arky swept today's games again. Gamble was 80% of our run production today.

On 3/4/2023 at 3:29 AM, blurbeard said:

Interesting! Went to ESPN+ and the SEC channels I receive….nothing! I’ll try again today.

I have to browse by sport and select softball to find them sometimes.  They don’t always appear under CUSA sports on ESPN+ for some reason. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/4/2023 at 12:37 PM, Matt from A700 said:

@ADLER would be having a cow. BOTH teams wearing black.20230304_123501.thumb.jpg.19025adbe48c341bc89f08f9ae3213c3.jpg

And yes, it was us that lost because of it. This color switch does absolutely nothing to represent our university and we are the ones that are constantly snakebit due to it. 

Look, we're not going to automatically win EVERY game because we wear our school colors. Likewise, we are not automatically going to lose EVERY game because we wore some weird alternative color (black/gray/blue) uniforms. The question is why do it? It looks stupid to call yourself the Mean Green and then predominantly wear some color other than Green. It's shown that we usually lose big games in all sports when wearing alternative colors, and we often play down to the level of lesser teams, sometimes losing.

• Upvote 1