Softball - Woo Pig Classic

Friday's game against Arkansas was the closest anybody was to beating the Hogs, as they swept the weekend.

We left with a disappointing 2-3 record on the weekend. Gamble accounted for 83% of our run production in the last three games.

Errors is why we lost the TAMUCC game, although we only scored on a 2-run HR by Gamble in the 1st in that game.

We have LA Tech in Ruston this weekend to open CUSA play. The Lady Bulldogs are 14-5 but the only two notable names they have played are LSU (L, 3-1) and Mississippi State (L, 8-4). Then two games against Texas A&M-Commerce and a series with bottomdweller UTSA. Hopefully the wins can start piling on again soon.

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Friday's game against Arkansas was the closest anybody was to beating the Hogs, as they swept the weekend.

We left with a disappointing 2-3 record on the weekend. Gamble accounted for 83% of our run production in the last three games.

Errors is why we lost the TAMUCC game, although we only scored on a 2-run HR by Gamble in the 1st in that inning.

We have LA Tech in Ruston this weekend to open CUSA play. The Lady Bulldogs are 14-5 but the only two notable names they have played are LSU (L, 3-1) and Mississippi State (L, 8-4). Then two games against Texas A&M-Commerce and a series with bottomdweller UTSA. Hopefully the wins can start piling on again soon.

Not sure where I though we would be at this point, but I still have faith in these young ladies.  My take so far:

1.  Savage has struggled as the #2 picture so far and Madison (Liberty) has shown flashes.  We need to solidify the #2 spot in the rotation.

2.  Better discipline at the plate.  We need that one big hit to break open some of these games.  Leaving too many on base.

3.  Clean up our errors

4.  Still need out freshmen to settle in.

5.  I have faith in DeLong and staff to sort this all out.

Time for us to go on a roll in conference.

Edited by UNTLifer