Uniform Vote: UNT vs. SMU

greenminer

13 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

The worst is all black with green numbers and lettering but this combination is barely a cut above.  Adler has us pretty well indoctrinated.

Yeah, I think the all black would be okay with a different shade of green, or possibly a green/white combo.  I’m not good enough with colors to know what would look best,  the dark on dark can be tough to see.  
This Twitter poll image is not our best home look.  The green tops/white bottoms during the Fine era are/were pretty sweet. 

Edited by Glory to the Green
  • Upvote 2

On 2/17/2023 at 1:29 PM, TIgreen01 said:

Yep.  Stupid to use the green and black with those helmets.  Where is @ADLER?!  

Adler is surviving (at least trying to) a week of Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Half day to recover, Bacchus Ball tonight.

Yes, any other colors being blended with our school colors looks trashy. It should never be allowed to happen.

That is also not SMU's better look. I know it's a marketing ploy, but their blue jerseys with S M U above the numbers and red horse logos on the helmet are iconic and immediately recognizable on television. SMU does also have an 'all black' uni and it too signifies nothing and looks just as trashy as ours.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

That is also not SMU's better look. I know it's a marketing ploy, but their blue jerseys with S M U above the numbers and red horse logos on the helmet are iconic and immediately recognizable on television. SMU does also have an 'all black' uni and it too signifies nothing and looks just as trashy as ours.

𝙅 𝙊 𝙍 𝘿 𝘼 𝙉 𝙈 𝙄 𝙇 𝙇 𝙀 𝙍 (@MILLJ70) / Twitter

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

22 hours ago, ADLER said:

Adler is surviving (at least trying to) a week of Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Half day to recover, Bacchus Ball tonight.

Yes, any other colors being blended with our school colors looks trashy. It should never be allowed to happen.

Our all black unis are great. I just can't stand when they try to wear wear combos like the one shown in the poll. 

Big difference between UNT and SMU is UNT has been using black as a secondary/accent color for years. Especially, for athletics. SMU never uses black. 

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1