Breaking: KD Davis Tore ACL During Frisco Bowl

TheReal_jayD

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I can't speak for everyone in this thread, but my comments aren't directed at KD and his decision.  He knew the risks, and chose to play.  I'm very proud of KD Davis and what he laid on the line (not just in this game) for UNT football over the years.   
My comments are directed at the people on here who expect players to play every game, no matter what, because of "loyalty" or some other crap, as if these players haven't shown enough of that already.   These folks will demean a player's accomplishments over the years, and/or blame them for a bowl loss (Torrey was directly credited by quite a few here for last year's bowl loss) when they decide it's better for them to sit out a bowl game in preparation for their shot at realizing a lifelong dream of playing in the NFL. 
KD's torn ACL should be all the evidence these folks should ever need to step back and respect those decisions moving forward instead of tearing these players down for their lack of "loyalty".

This is a logical train of thought. The problem is, it's apparent many of these fans don't respect the players as people beyond them wearing UNT football jerseys on a football field.

• Downvote 1

So players should play every regular season game and then set out a bowl game because they risk getting hurt.  Those citing bowl games are meaningless, is a stupid take.  Playing nowhere state in the out of conference is a lot more meaningless than a relatively highly viewed bowl game. 

Injuries are a very unfortunate part of sports at every level.  College football should make every effort to make the game safer, however you can't remove all risks and maintain a watchable contest. 

Pro teams in my view that encourage their future players not to risk playing bowl games are at best very hypocritical. 

42 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

This is a logical train of thought. The problem is, it's apparent many of these fans don't respect the players as people beyond them wearing UNT football jerseys on a football field.

That's right. Right when the shoulder pads are taken off... go to hell you piece of human shit. That's my stance. Not budging. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1