Traditions We Need - Old and New

tmjerm

4 minutes ago, ExADofficeIntern said:

Bring back throwing tortillas onto the field after TDs… I don’t care if we stole it from Tech

Maybe we should wear gray and black uniforms and throw rancid leftover food from local restaurants in the air every time we score. Who cares if it's a concoction of dumb ass ideas that have nothing to do with our school, as long as the kids like it we should do it.

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

51 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Maybe we should wear gray and black uniforms and throw rancid leftover food from local restaurants in the air every time we score. Who cares if it's a concoction of dumb ass ideas that have nothing to do with our school, as long as the kids like it we should do it.

Every tradition starts with something that has “nothing to do with our school” so jokes on you. We’ve gone full circle in this thread. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

stadium entrance song-

I love the Ramones, but they don't have a UNT connection and I think there are other songs that better lend themselves to the game of football.

I like the idea of maybe playing "Heartache Tonight" by the Eagles, with a montage of UNT football highlights featured on the video board. Plus, I think this song naturally allows the crowd to be interactive and clap along to the beat. I think this would be among the best and most unique intros in all of college football and generate positive media attention for our program and university.

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I love the Ramones, but they don't have a UNT connection and I think there are other songs that better lend themselves to the game of football.

I like the idea of maybe playing "Heartache Tonight" by the Eagles, with a montage of UNT football highlights featured on the video board. Plus, I think this song naturally allows the crowd to be interactive and clap along to the beat. I think this would be among the best and most unique intros in all of college football and generate positive media attention for our program and university.

Love that song but it doesn’t have enough piss in it.  Thunderstruck is the clear answer. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CMJ said:

The problem seemed to be that Student Services or some other group complained to Talons about the lights being turned on so often that nobody knew who they were for.  So they were asked/told to only do it for Home games.

Which sounded pretty typical for UNT.

Then educate Student Services or the other group as to why the tower is lit and keep doing it. Don’t just stop. Ridiculous. 

• Thanks 1

I went to both UNT games against Iowa. They do a chant where each corner of the stadium calls out a letter. Really sounded cool.

We could do something similar with student section yelling U, northwest side of stadium yelling N, southwest side yelling T. Then entire stadium yelling Fight!!!

• Upvote 1