MTSU (1/7/23)

Big Z

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

Oh, Adler was watching. It was a miraculous comeback required to overcome a horrendously bad decision.

We're down 19 points in the first 14 minutes of a game playing against somebody we're expected to beat.

image.jpeg.8e0a5100cda8bca6d54e901396331a8d.jpeg

You would have to be pretty oblivious to not notice that we play horribly when wearing the trash bags. This time we were eventually able to come back overcome the mistake, but, like in seasons past, the garbage bags have an established history of keeping us out of the NCAA Tournament. Why take this incredibly stupid risk?

They use to be called the tuxedoes under JJ. 

I can't remember for certain, but I think we wore black in the 2010 Sunbelt Title game when we beat Troy.  I'm pretty sure we also wore them when we beat LSU the following season.  I don't particularly like the tuxedo look either, but we have won some big games with it going back quite awhile.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, greenminer said:

I always try to do this.

In case you haven't noticed, we are not getting highlights at all sometimes.  Broadcast rights? Whatever the reason, I hate it.

Appreciate the effort. I used to know a guy whose job would be to post the UNT highlights years ago. Apparently, there's an NCAA archive of broadcasts that get posted within minutes of the game ending that editors use to cut and splice highlights and game recaps.

If only we could hack into the mainframe... or have a mole on the inside. Unfortunately, my mole no longer works for UNT.

Edited by eeeeagle

On 1/8/2023 at 7:24 AM, UNTethered Eagle said:

Completely agree with your take here - it was also impressive to see coach Mac work through the bench with different groups to counter MT. Because we were Swiss cheese at the start of the game.

He mentioned to me that this was just to get some guys time after having played Thursday. It was exacerbated by the the foul trouble Abou was in. 

|So it was lineup to match MT, but they also wanted to get fresh legs in there as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

He mentioned to me that this was just to get some guys time after having played Thursday. It was exacerbated by the the foul trouble Abou was in. 

|So it was lineup to match MT, but they also wanted to get fresh legs in there as well. 

Are they not coaching Abou to stop the silly fouls early in the damn game?  If I were Mac I’d tell him you are hitting the bench for a foul inside of 5 minutes in the 1st half.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aztecskin said:

Since you are part of the media and have access, I would love to know why Moore and Sissoko aren't getting more minutes.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Since you are part of the media and have access, I would love to know why Moore and Sissoko aren't getting more minutes.

That's just earning playing time. They get moments here and there -- Sissoko got time and turned it over, but grabbed one rebound. In a game where it was that tight -- McDevitt called it "semi-final like", you got to make the most of your moments, however small. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, eeeeagle said:

Appreciate the effort. I used to know a guy whose job would be to post the UNT highlights years ago. Apparently, there's an NCAA archive of broadcasts that get posted within minutes of the game ending that editors use to cut and splice highlights and game recaps.

If only we could hack into the mainframe... or have a mole on the inside. Unfortunately, my mole no longer works for UNT.

The league slightly changed the way they did it before -- and I *think* that the ESPN PLUS ones mean they don't post the "melt" on the league-wide media server. I see the highlights for some, but usually those are the stadium ones, or the cbs sports network ones. I asked about it, but no one gave me a straight answer -- mostly because it seems they don't know. 

I know the staffs of both the league and a lot of teams have changed, so it might just be different now. Middle is good about posting highlights on the league site, but they didn't post one of the NT game. I think that is because it was an ESPN+ one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

Are they not coaching Abou to stop the silly fouls early in the damn game?  If I were Mac I’d tell him you are hitting the bench for a foul inside of 5 minutes in the 1st half.

Is this a lingering issue? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.  I thought it was only a problem once or twice.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

Horrible strategy, you want your players not to foul; but you don't want them to be afraid of being aggressive. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Horrible strategy, you want your players not to foul; but you don't want them to be afraid of being aggressive. 

aggression and being smart are not mutually exclusive. Silly fouls can come on effort plays, but he was reaching on at least one. I’d rather him keep his hands high and defend without fouling