Transfer Portal - North Texas

35 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I know it’s still veeeerrrrryyyyy early, but I’m honestly surprised we haven’t already had a conga line of players hit the portal already considering the whirlwind of news yesterday. Especially considering the amount of players some schools have already lost

Unless they were already planning on entering the portal this could be a huge risk. Once they enter they could be pushed out and lose their financial support. Hopefully they wait a few days and see what happens.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, NT93 said:

It seems crazy to me for anyone from UNT to enter the portal until after the hire has been made.  How is a player going to feel if they enter the portal and we make a shockingly good hire?  It just doesn't make sense to me to not wait and see.

I'm not antagonizing, but what would you consider to be a shockingly good hire?

6 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

I'm not antagonizing, but what would you consider to be a shockingly good hire?

Nobody in particular, but I’d say someone that comes from out of nowhere that no one expected to be interested in the job.

I reserve the right to change my mind, but at this point I think my top targets in no particular order would probably be Skip Holtz, Garrett Riley, and Eric Morris.

So, “shockingly good” would be someone better than those three in my opinion.

• Thanks 1