DRC: Oscar Adaway III has torn ACL, where does UNT as once deep backfield takes another hit?

Brett Vito

5 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I've seen this guy play and he has a lot of the same qualities as Adaway.

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/isaiah-johnson/5088

RB is one of the easiest positions to fill. Freshmen do it all the time........Jamario Thomas for example.

addendum:

You never know where the next star will pop up. I remember that the late great Bernard Jackson (#23 on your program) was recruited as a WR/DB out of Dallas Carter by Hayden Fry. By the second spring he was at NT they moved him to RB and 1400 yards later that year, that skinny RB (5'll X 175lbs) made NT history. 

Didn't Siggers spend a year at DB/Safety before he was brought back over to play RB? 

You never know.

Saw Johnson play a few times his senior year in high school.  I remember thinking he was way underrated by the recruiting services.  Loved it when we secured his commitment.

I also remember Bernard Jackson.  I think I actually cried when I learned he had been shot and killed

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Saw Johnson play a few times his senior year in high school.  I remember thinking he was way underrated by the recruiting services.  Loved it when we secured his commitment.

I also remember Bernard Jackson.  I think I actually cried when I learned he had been shot and killed

Yes indeed Johnson is a talent.

On 8/24/2021 at 4:08 PM, UNTLifer said:

#23 was a great one.

Always wondered what happened to the one who pulled the trigger at that bar.