Let’s put our money where our mouth is

emmitt01

8 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I always hear NT fans say “when our team starts winning I’ll attend” or “when we’re competing for championships I’ll come”.   

Well, this team is sitting in first place and on an 8 game win streak, while playing the best defense I’ve seen out of a North Texas team in a long time.  There are multiple players on this squad who can take over a game.  

The conference tourney is in our backyard and these boys deserve a home court advantage.  I’ve seen enough to merit my purchase of tickets NOW.  Join me and let’s turn “The Star” green.  

If we can win the next 3 on the road, Charlotte and ODU will be packed! No question one of them should be close to a sellout.

Also if we have another 65/35 spilt with WKU (yes I know they travel well but they are in Kentucky and we are 40 minutes away) that is insane. The Star should be packed 

• Skeptical Eagle 2

Today’s attendance was nice, but with a first place team and all the Alums in our area it SUCKED!  This team is special.  They are going on the road for three and will more than likely sweep.  When they return, we need more butts in seats, period.  You want a big time program, act like it.  A more than a half empty Pit on a Saturday afternoon with a 1st place team ain’t going to get you there.  Anyone can find excuses not to attend.  Respect and a chance to move to the next level takes commitment.  Without the needed support, we will stay right where we are.  Successful teams with losing records draw more than we do.  Look it up.  The time is now, support this team!  

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 4

Looking at the players’ twitter feeds (Hamlet, Z. Simmons, Bell, Gibson) each made note of the energy that the crowd brought and specifically noted that the crowd size was bigger yesterday. Hamlet even asked point blank for a sell out at the next home game.  

These boys notice.  And you know who else does?  Recruits.  You think that defensive tackle recruit we had in on a visit didn’t take into consideration the amount of fan support he did (or didn’t) observe yesterday afternoon?  

We have a part to play if championships are what we truly want.  Let’s play it.  

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

We brought almost 6300 in the final CBI game so it is possible. That game was a blast, not just because of the win and what it meant, but the atmosphere and the impact the crowd had on the game.

Wren and company have several weeks to plan out a marketing strategy for the ODU and Charlotte games. Hopefully we see something in the coming weeks. 

• Upvote 3

one thing I notice how many seats with the season ticket banners on them were vacant.  I don't know why UNT has such trouble getting the fans to support the teams.  This team Is very fun to watch and have grown a lot.  It took a while to build the chemistry but it is there now.  

Reese is becoming one of my all time favorite players. Last night Zach was taking it to the Miners.  They could not stop him even after they mugged him.  The team did look a little tried but held it together for a win.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

We have a part to play if championships are what we truly want.  Let’s play it.  

This is 100% correct. Unfortunately there’s a large part of our fan base and even a faction on this board that feel otherwise. That it’s someone else’s job. This is college sports. We (the fans) are part of the team. Everyone needs to do their part. 

If next year we put 30,000 every game in Apogee, 10,000 every game in the Pit. Heck, if we sold out the 1,500 seat soccer stadium every game or the 1,000 seat softball facility every game. You don’t think we would start getting ranked teams? Players want to play in good atmospheres in front of big crowds. Good fan support would transform this program almost immediately. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

lets start making phone calls and inviting friends, neighbors, alumni and see if we can at least get the bottom filed up.  If you are season ticket holder and can't make the game try to find someone who can use them.

THIS!!! I saw (and always do) a lot of empty Season ticket seats. Its really frustrating to look at, knowing they could let others go