Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
UNTLifer

Why is the Baseball Stadium Rendering at the Top of Page?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I would put sand volleyball up there because of facilities and equipment costs. 

You don't need any facilities for equestrian. 

The people who are in equestrian can already afford to feed/stable their mounts, almost zero events are ever held at any school. 

North Texas is a huge horse breeding area, there are tons of venues that could be used without building anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt NT would have to add any sports to offset baseball.  NT is already in a fairly strong position relative to Title 9.

To my knowledge, the NCAA has never acted against any program on a Title IX basis.  Individual lawsuits and threats to sue do happen, but I still think NT is in a good position.  

The primary problem with baseball, is the cost, not the cost of another woman's team.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I doubt NT would have to add any sports to offset baseball.  NT is already in a fairly strong position relative to Title 9.

To my knowledge, the NCAA has never acting against any program on a Title IX basis.  Individual lawsuits and threats to sue do happen, but I still think NT is in a good position.  

The primary problem with baseball, is the cost, not the cost of another woman's team.  

NCAA -- No. Federal courts (via lawsuits) -- Yes.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

The primary problem with baseball, is the cost, not the cost of another woman's team.  

If this is so why does UTSA have a baseball team?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry said:

If this is so why does UTSA have a baseball team?  

I give, if it is not the cost of baseball; why doesn't NT have a team.  

Obvious, at least to me; it is a cost issue.  

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I give, if it is not the cost of baseball; why doesn't NT have a team.  

Obvious, at least to me; it is a cost issue.  

 

Wren & Co have prioritized other things over jumpstarting baseball, like the IPF.  Sucks, but it’s the right decision.

  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

NCAA -- No. Federal courts (via lawsuits) -- Yes.

Related image

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, Cerebus said:

You don't need any facilities for equestrian. 

The people who are in equestrian can already afford to feed/stable their mounts, almost zero events are ever held at any school. 

North Texas is a huge horse breeding area, there are tons of venues that could be used without building anything. 

And the horses are usually donated.

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.