OSU attendance?

Wag Tag

It’s true. I have a blast and craft beer at Henderson taphouse watching man united    with 75 other reds for a fraction of the price of a live event. Now FCD is still affordable but sports in my opinion have reached a tipping point. I have no desire to go to an nfl game much less watch it on tv. Cowboys until they put me to sleep - other teams don’t care. 

Things a little weird in Stillwater too. 

GMG 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, RiseUNT said:

As s casual fan why would you go to a game and pay all that money when you can watch it in high def? 

Every major sport in America has this problem. If championships aren't on the line why waste your time. 

Championship was on the line for WVU and a bowl game for OSU! Really proves the attendance problem!

Not the best turnout for sure, but OSU can suffer from the same “excuse syndrome” that UNT does. Colder day, 5-win team, lost to OU, WVA is too good”....yadda yadda  Yadda. This game coming on the heels of yet another loss to OU did not help. The fan base is fragile...sound familiar? Did you see our attendance Thursday night? Not bad considering...we’ll, that was OSU’s.  

• Downvote 7

On 11/18/2018 at 1:56 PM, RiseUNT said:

Lol if you think OSU cares about being bowl eligible! 

Truth...fan base has grown to expect more. Again, much like UNT’s growing fan base expectations. Of, course winning the bowl game would be icing on the cake.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 11/18/2018 at 12:56 PM, RiseUNT said:

Lol if you think OSU cares about being bowl eligible! 

I'm trying to figure into as to why it's not a big deal. They are P5 nobodies. Little sister of OU and never wins much of anything outside of the occasional bowl game. They are not blueblood, so for them to have real national attention they have to field a senior laden team on a down year for OU and hope they don't let a team jump up and bite them, which typically happens to them even during their 'up' years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm trying to figure into as to why it's not a big deal. They are P5 nobodies. Little sister of OU and never wins much of anything outside of the occasional bowl game. They are not blueblood, so for them to have real national attention they have to field a senior laden team on a down year for OU and hope they don't let a team jump up and bite them, which typically happens to them even during their 'up' years. 

Kind of like Texas Tech is to UT.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

28 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Kind of like Texas Tech is to UT.

I think Vanderbilt is a P5 nobody.  Kansas in the B12.  Temple in the AAC.  OSU is a step or two above them, similar to TTech.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Somebody or nobody, still not NT football related.

Hmm, this is true.

I really feel like we’re getting close to solving @MeanGreenHoops‘s quagmire.

To loosely recap:  If you more or less believe in yourself or somebody, then somebody or nobody is not NT football related... give or take anybody.  Sound about right?

• Thanks 2