Guess the Attendance for Thursday's Game

jgb0607

Is there any kind of promoting going on around campus? I'd hope there would be signs for this, also somebody might drop by and mention it to the Greek Advisor, so an announcement could be made at the IFC meeting this afternoon......maybe they already will, but they should stress the fact that tailgating is legal now for Basketball. This would be a great way to start off a Thursday night.

GMG!!!!!

The Talons have their banner up in the union. I'm guessing that 500 more than usual will show up, so we'll be at roughly 2,000. With the team doing so well, I really wish we could get up to at least what we had for Indiana, but since our fans only seem to come out in masses when there's a name opponent, I doubt we'll get that with any schools this year.

well, I was able to get a huge stack of flyers from the Athletic Dept. in which I and a few other Talons will be putting up around campus tonight and tomorrow.

That is just what we need. I would also recommend putting one in the buses on Thursday so the kids riding the buses will see it as they leave.

You traffic people are more than welcome to come to tailgating which starts at 5:30 which means you might beat some of the heavier traffic by leaving earlier and then have a place to chill while waiting for the game to start. I realize some of you don't get off work til 5:00, but it's just a suggestion for those it's a possibility for.

The football team barely pulled good crowds when they won and this is basketball......

Don't say it like BB is somehow inferior. Plenty of people prefer the game. 

I wasn't saying it like it was inferior. I love going to the basketball games. And of course I think more pepole need to realize what they are missing.

What I was saying is the sad thing about North Texas is that football, which is usually the preferred sport in Texas by the majority and is our biggest force in athletics right now, could hardly pull decent crowds even with the success the team has seen recently so how can we expect good crowds for a basketball game.

I wish it were different.

Hopefully someday.

I wasn't saying it like it was inferior. I love going to the basketball games. And of course I think more pepole need to realize what they are missing.

What I was saying is the sad thing about North Texas is that football, which is usually the preferred sport in Texas by the majority and is our biggest force in athletics right now, could hardly pull decent crowds even with the success the team has seen recently so how can we expect good crowds for a basketball game.

Hopefully someday.

I think what a lot of people don't realize is the number of students who attend NT that are from the Northeastern U.S. Basketball "is" a big deal up there. When they see the type of W/L records NT has sported over the past 10 years, I doubt they will flock to the Super Pit. These people know their basketball. When I attended NT, a lot of my close friends were from the NE. Prior to college, I don't think I ever attended a basketball game...never. Not even in high school. Along comes these Yankees, and all of a sudden I go to every home game at the Snake Pit. I was hooked. The Yanks have a lot of basketball savy. Put consistant winning teams on the Super Pit floor and more fans will come out. Even some Texans. laugh.gif I think J. Jones has the team going in the right direction with their recent success.

Hopefully someday.

Indeed, football is King in Texas!

I do not see why people are surprised about the numbers?

Look at our Football team! They do not get the attendance they deserve even though they are putting a Good quality product on the field!

The main issue is no one has any interest in seeing NT play ASU, FIU or any other no name University we play. If we could just get into CUSA (PLEASE) and play SMU, Tulsa, UH, etc than the they will come! (See the Hoosier game)

This is the same issue for all of our sports! We just need to play some regional or Nationally recognized teams.

And, yes I work till 5 Pm in Plano, so I will not be fighting traffic to get there by 7pm.

However, I've made it clear in the past that BBall is not that intriguing to me.

Now, if we had a DIV-1A hockey team.......

I do not see why people are surprised about the numbers?

ASU had more than double our regular crowd the other night to see them play us. We can't support a team like ASU? Yes that suprises me, and it's too bad you have accepted it and are cool with it.

Do you work on Saturdays? If not, you can leave in plenty of time on Saturday to make it to the game, or even the flag football game too if you wish.

ASU had more than double our regular crowd the other night to see them play us. We can't support a team like ASU? Yes that suprises me, and it's too bad you have accepted it and are cool with it.

Do you work on Saturdays? If not, you can leave in plenty of time on Saturday to make it to the game, or even the flag football game too if you wish.

I never said I accepted the fact our attendance is subpar in all of our sports (not just BBall). I honestly think it is from a lack of promotion from our AD department. I'm alum so I do not see everything going on at the campus, but from what I hear, there is no real big push for peeps to attend games. I've argued over this many teams in regards to our football team. Anyhow, I just think the BBall team needs to keep winning and the University needs to do some major promoting with flyers, maybe door prizes such as a chance to win tuition with a half court shot, etc, etc.......

Oh, and I attended many games in my day 95-99, and most of those years were very lean pickens!

Nope, I'm a corporate lackey, so my weekends are free! biggrin.gif

Oh, believe me I wanted to PLAY in the flag football game, but I have a soccer game at 5PM so, I'm screwed! sad.gif

I probably will not make it to the BBall game for the same reason.

I would just like to add that basketball is inferior to football.  Thanks!  tongue.gif

I don't know about inferior, but secondary at the very least!

To me, basketball is also secondary to hockey and soccer!

tongue.gif

Edited by jgb0607