DC's Texas Football Power Rankings

All About UNT

4 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Then again, if Mason Fine were a little bigger, he probably wouldn’t be at North Texas. After all, that would’ve given you a reason to believe in him.”

This is the kind of funk, crap perception we have overcome.  We just have to.

Yes, but it's also a dig at the "measurables" crowd.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I don't think so. His statement before that was that if Fine were bigger, the hit he took at the end wouldn't have hurt him as much. But, in the proposed hypothetical where Mason Fine is bigger you also would have to consider that he would have had P5 offers. That's what Tepper was getting at.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

I don't think so. His statement before that was that if Fine were bigger, the hit he took at the end wouldn't have hurt him as much. But, in the proposed hypothetical where Mason Fine is bigger you also would have to consider that he would have had P5 offers. That's what Tepper was getting at.

I disagree.  The gist of his article is that people have consistently doubted him due to his stature...to their own peril

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Then again, if Mason Fine were a little bigger, he probably wouldn’t be at North Texas. After all, that would’ve given you a reason to believe in him.”

This is the kind of funk, crap perception we have overcome.  We just have to.

Littrell himself said it when we were recruiting Fine. I don't thinks it's crap perception. I think it's reality for G5 programs. Good high school quarterbacks who have good size get bombarded with P5 offers. Most G5s have to choose between short QBs like Fine, Rakeem Cato, Blake Bogenschutz, etc. or try to develop tall QBs who don't have great production, like Connor Means (50% completion percentage in high school) or Josh Greer types.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I think it's total dig on the size crowd more than us. If he were 6'2" he'd be at OU or OSU. (P5 in his home state vs G5 in Texas.) Its honesty vs a slap at us in my opinion. He is saying the kid is a hell of QB and Lettrell recognized it when others didn't. My take anyway.

• Upvote 1