Six Games For Zeke!

Guess Jerry was just posturing when he said "nothing there"!  Six game suspension for Zeke Elliot!!!  Wow!  Seems excessive unless there is really something there no one knows about.  WOW!

Edit:  Mods...move this as you wish...just thought ids was big time breaking news.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Downvote 2

Good.  Was in the car on the way back to the office when I heard the dimwits on The Ticket trying to figure out why he could be suspended even if he wasn't convicted of a crime...as they read part of the CBA that says nothing about a conviction being necessary to suspend! 

I've tried to explain this before, and can't for the life of me figure out why no one at The Ticket can figure it out - or, have someone with a legal background explain it to them:  A Collective Bargaining Agreement is what it is.  It is an agreement between one organization, usually a company, and a group of people working for it, regarding things like benefits for and conduct expected from the organization and the people it employs.

If you have a CBA in place, that is your discipline template in addition to whatever State and Federal Law may be...as long as nothing within the agreement stifles State or Federal Law. 

It's not f*cking difficult.  Elliot is an NFL player.  He is in the "union," the NFL Players Association.  NFLPA has a CBA in place with the NFL and the owners of the clubs belonging to it. 

He does not have to be convicted of a crime to be suspended under the CBA agreed to by the NFLPA. 

For.  F*ck.  Sake.

How many times does this have to be explained?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Good.  Was in the car on the way back to the office when I heard the dimwits on The Ticket trying to figure out why he could be suspended even if he wasn't convicted of a crime...as they read part of the CBA that says nothing about a conviction being necessary to suspend! 

I've tried to explain this before, and can't for the life of me figure out why no one at The Ticket can figure it out - or, have someone with a legal background explain it to them:  A Collective Bargaining Agreement is what it is.  It is an agreement between one organization, usually a company, and a group of people working for it, regarding things like benefits for and conduct expected from the organization and the people it employs.

If you have a CBA in place, that is your discipline template in addition to whatever State and Federal Law may be...as long as nothing within the agreement stifles State or Federal Law. 

It's not f*cking difficult.  Elliot is an NFL player.  He is in the "union," the NFL Players Association.  NFLPA has a CBA in place with the NFL and the owners of the clubs belonging to it. 

He does not have to be convicted of a crime to be suspended under the CBA agreed to by the NFLPA. 

For.  F*ck.  Sake.

How many times does this have to be explained?

Maybe you should call the Ticket.

Didn't Elliot pull down a woman's blouse exposing her breast at last years St. Patrick Day Parade?

This clearly indicates he has no respect for women, believes he is above the law and more than likely was guilty of beating up his girlfriend even if there is no proof.

He got exactly what he deserves, if not for beating up his girlfriend, than for violating that young lady's privacy on St. Patrick's Day. Hope he learns from this lesson before he destroys his career.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, once again an example of "actions have consequences"

Seems one ex-San Francisco QB is learning that same lesson.

Let us hope Zeke learns from this whether his appeal is successful or not.

So, remember boys and girls....

actions have consequences!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3