Caravan announcement and thoughts

Harry

Any thoughts on locations and more importantly how we can better utilize this resource?  I am a big believer that you cannot rely on social media and website promotion alone.  You need to call on people and personalize this.  Attendance is critical at these events but you have to reach out and personalize it!  They've tried social media alone and it doesn't work.  If you don't  build a list of participants who RSVP you are just symbolically driving around.  Should call on anyone who is a season ticket holder on the books. This was a big drum beat I had with RV and he never listened.

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

I wonder what the pin numbers represent?  

A certain number of known alumni or donors I believe. Also, I believe the color represents the density -- red is more dense, green is less dense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, UNTFan23 said:

A certain number of known alumni or donors I believe. Also, I believe the color represents the density -- red is more dense, green is less dense.

Can't be alumni, it's several hundred thousand in DFW.  I don't think its MGC members, because the distribution is way off.  Unless you think 90% of the MGC membership lives in Denton:

KeBJjJE.jpg

Wren, close your tabs when you tweet photos. 

Looks like he's been Googling former Oklahoma energy exec, state legislator, regional university regent, and current felony embezzlement defendant Terry Matlock

I don't think he'll be willing or able to make a big donation at the moment, though. 

Also, is he trying to refill a prescription

6 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Can't be alumni, it's several hundred thousand in DFW.  I don't think its MGC members, because the distribution is way off.  Unless you think 90% of the MGC membership lives in Denton:

KeBJjJE.jpg

Yeah was having a hard time understanding the numbers. Maybe just a list of donor addresses they had and mapped it by zip code, since I'm not sure we've held an event at the Denton airport? 

Head scratcher but I wouldn't be suprised that more than half of our donors lived in Denton. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

KeBJjJE.jpg

If you look at the screenshot, it says "Athletic Donors". That could be MGC and/or people who have donated to the Athletic Department.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

I am more concerned as to why one of his bookmarks is.... UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON!!!

IS WREN BAKER A COUGAR MOLE?!

36 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

If you look at the screenshot, it says "Athletic Donors". That could be MGC and/or people who have donated to the Athletic Department.

Again, distribution doesn't make sense, unless you think 90% of MGC members live very close to Denton.  

36 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Head scratcher but I wouldn't be suprised that more than half of our donors lived in Denton. 

Actually if you add up the numbers on just the four red pins you get to 1093, which is more people than out listed in the MGC.

Season ticket holders?

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Actually if you add up the numbers on just the four red pins you get to 1093, which is more people than out listed in the MGC.

Season ticket holders?

Ah I see.

What about folks that just donated at the $25 level, or attended an event and just wrote down their name and address?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Again, distribution doesn't make sense, unless you think 90% of MGC members live very close to Denton.  

We don't know what they are considering a donor to be. It could include someone who has bought season tickets at some point.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

We don't know what they are considering a donor to be. It could include someone who has bought season tickets at some point.

I don't think its season ticket numbers.  Those 4 red pins near Denton are 80% of the total, and we have more season ticket holders than that.  Or did, the last time I saw any numbers.

2 minutes ago, brooks91 said:

On today's episode of gmg.com...

WHAT DO THE PINS MEAN?!?!

IS WREN BAKER A COUGAR IN DISGUISE?!?!

will we ever find out? stay tuned...

Quick, someone tweet The Wren™ and let's find out.  

5 hours ago, Cerebus said:

One last bookmark update:  Until 5 minutes ago I had no idea what a savant remote was, but now I am not sure I can live without one.  

Paging @Sound_Man.

Control over 380,000 entertainment devices.

Geez, I could control every entertainment device in southwestern New Hampshire.  And southeastern Vermont.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Looks like he's been Googling former Oklahoma energy exec, state legislator, regional university regent, and current felony embezzlement defendant Terry Matlock

I don't think he'll be willing or able to make a big donation at the moment, though. 

Also, is he trying to refill a prescription

Image result for does this look infected meme

• Upvote 3