Season is close to getting underway so here's a thread for our local NBA team.

A little start: Yes, we lost Chandler Parsons and lost out on the Hassan Whiteside sweepstakes but I think we made some solid Plan B pickups. I think Seth Curry will be one of the most underrated moves of the entire offseason if he gets the playing time. Despite the naysayers on ESPN.com, I say we compete for the 5 seed.

Sports Illustrated doesn't think much of the Mavs chances this season.  NBA preview edition has them picked pretty much as an also ran.  And only has a couple of Mavs rated in the top 100 NBA players listing.

Hopefully, the Mavs will surprise a bunch of folks including the SI crew.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cuban is failing as as an NBA owner.  He needs to focus on the team, take a step back so as not to be a distraction.  I don't think players care for his personality and that hampers signing free agents.  I also think Donnie Nelson ks way overrated as a GM.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

The team has not looked very competitive in pre-season, IMO. I hope Dirk has one more good season left in those legs, it would be great to see him in the playoffs again; this might be his last shot. I guess we'll find out what they will look like when it counts, starting tomorrow night. GO MAVS!!

I wasn't expecting a W going into our first game at Indiana, which has proven to be a tough place to play for us. We didn't get the W, losing 130-121 in overtime. Deron Williams led the way with 25, Dirk with 22, 19 for Harrison Barnes. Seven points for Seth Curry, who is my player-to-watch this season.

Mavs play their home opener tonight against the Rockets, but Dirk is out with an illness.

Absentee owner thinking more how to get media coverage for himself rather than looking out for his team.  Oh, well, his money, but he sure is screwing the fans who pay for tickets to watch this hot mess.  I feel sorry for Dirk, one of the NBA greats.  Dirk's loyalty to Cuban and the Mavs is not being rewarded by an owner more interested in being a media clown than building a winning team.  Sad.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

12 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Absentee owner thinking more how to get media coverage for himself rather than looking out for his team.  Oh, well, his money, but he sure is screwing the fans who pay for tickets to watch this hot mess.  I feel sorry for Dirk, one of the NBA greats.  Dirk's loyalty to Cuban and the Mavs is not being rewarded by an owner more interested in being a media clown than building a winning team.  Sad.

True! I'm sure his ego won't allow him to sell to someone focused on basketball either. I too feel sorry for Dirk and I hope he recovers completely soon. Otherwise, this season will be a tough way to end a brilliant career.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Well the Mavericks finally got their first win of the season last night, 86-75 over Jason Kidd and the Bucks in overtime. Harrison Barnes looking like he's worth the money so far already posting new career highs of 31 and 34 points in his first six games. Play the Lakers next on the first of a four-game road trip.

• Downvote 1