UTSA Recruiting

Caw Caw

I was browsing the 2017 Rival listing and noticed that UTSA is just outside the top 50 classes in the country at this point. Obviously this is all subject to change, but I was curious what you think their staff is doing that is so effective. They even have/had a 4 star recruiting from Denton Ryan. I say had potentially because he was kicked off of Ryan and charged with a crime. I'm just trying to think what that pitch could sound like that they are swimming in 3-star talent this early. Anyone with a better recruiting perspective i'd love to hear from.

1 hour ago, Caw Caw said:

I was browsing the 2017 Rival listing and noticed that UTSA is just outside the top 50 classes in the country at this point. Obviously this is all subject to change, but I was curious what you think their staff is doing that is so effective. They even have/had a 4 star recruiting from Denton Ryan. I say had potentially because he was kicked off of Ryan and charged with a crime. I'm just trying to think what that pitch could sound like that they are swimming in 3-star talent this early. Anyone with a better recruiting perspective i'd love to hear from.

Wilson is a great recruiter there is no doubt! He has done a great job locking down some solid recruits. But there is also some high risk high reward prospects. They landed several highly ranked guys in last year class that never made it to school. But looked good on paper. But ever school has it we had 3. I believe they had 4. But to run the power run offense he is running you have to be able to recruit very well. We shall see

11 hours ago, Caw Caw said:

You wonder how Hugh Freeze out recruited us at Fring'n Arkie State? Their coach is a proven recruiter at the Bigs may carry over to UTSA.

11 hours ago, Caw Caw said:

Come get a third tier education, have white trash fans yell for you and play in a run down, dilapidated and piss smelling Football stadium

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

didnt the ryan guy just get arrested for armed robbery?

Image result for you're correct sir

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1