New Director of Recruiting for Football

GMG24

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

We have 35k students. Less than 1/3 turn out for games. That isn't "consistently strong" by anyone's account, other than a blinded UNT fan.

Perhaps you meant "consistently strong for UNT?"

You do realize UNT student attendance was higher than a lot of Big 12 schools in 2013, right? Most P5 schools, other than A&M, get about 10,000 students in the gates. There a lot of things we don't do well, and I would heavily, and I mean, heavily disagree that student attendance is something we don't do well.

Everything being brought up in this thread in regards to that topic are things that are already being done, as well.

You are really uninformed on this topic.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

You do realize UNT student attendance was higher than a lot of Big 12 schools in 2013, right? Most P5 schools, other than A&M, get about 10,000 students in the gates. There a lot of things we don't do well, and I would heavily, and I mean, heavily disagree that student attendance is something we don't do well.

Everything being brought up in this thread in regards to that topic are things that are already being done, as well.

You do realize that most Big 12 schools have a cap on student tickets, right? You do realize at schools like Texas Tech students sleep outside the night before student tickets are given out to ensure they get one, right?

The reason A&M only has 10k students there is that's all they allow. The other 90k seats are paying customers.

You surely get THAT, right?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

23 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

They do have a cap, and that cap is only hit once or twice a year for the big games at schools, like, for example, Tech. Schools rarely hit their caps anymore. Here's a WSJ story on struggling student turnout from back in 2013. I also said, "other than A&M" because they are the exception.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304795804579097223907738780

Increasing student attendance was my job.

If we're good, and playing against a team people care about, students come out. See the 12,000 students that sacrificed their Halloween to see us beat Rice.

So there is a way the  University could release the numbers of student attendance for each sport correct?  Since the ID's are swiped or scanned?  I would LOVE to see our numbers. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

So there is a way the  University could release the numbers of student attendance for each sport correct?  Since the ID's are swiped or scanned?  I would LOVE to see our numbers. 

I am pretty sure we still hand out tickets.  Students have to stand in line earlier in the week (somebody please confirm/deny).  If we do, we need to figure out a way to put the tickets on the student's ID and simply scan the ID at the event.  This is not a new concept or new technology.

2 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I am pretty sure we still hand out tickets.  Students have to stand in line earlier in the week (somebody please confirm/deny).  If we do, we need to figure out a way to put the tickets on the student's ID and simply scan the ID at the event.  This is not a new concept or new technology.

We scanned when I was at OU.  We scanned when I was at UNT for hoops, and I can't remember for football.  I also was coaching still so most Saturdays I could not attend games 

1 minute ago, TreeFiddy said:

As a student going to games at Fouts, the only way to get in was to get your card swiped at the gate.

Has that process changed?

4 minutes ago, Aldo said:

As a student going to games at Fouts, the only way to get in was to get your card swiped at the gate.

Has that process changed?

I believe the process changed when Apogee opened. Students have to swipe their IDs at one of the ticket stations throughout the week of a home game or at the ticket booth on game day to receive a ticket.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I believe the process changed when Apogee opened. Students have to swipe their IDs at one of the ticket stations throughout the week of a home game or at the ticket booth on game day to receive a ticket.

That don't sound so green 

tumblr_inline_o50xlaZxUt1tnw8mw_400.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

1 hour ago, Ryan Munthe said:

We swiped cards and then gave them a ticket.

What he said.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Seems like a waste of resource. Why not just swipe when they walked in?

Dude, even better - let's implant chips with LTE radios in their brains during freshman orientation, then during game day we secretly send a "go directly to apogee" message to each student.  For alumni we will put spring released chip implantation devices in their alumni outreach mail.  Our zombie army is COMPLETE!!!!

Edited by Stan R
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Stan R said:

Dude, even better - let's implant chips with LTE radios in their brains during freshman orientation, then during game day we secretly send a "go directly to apogee" message to each student.  For alumni we will put spring released chip implantation devices in their alumni outreach mail.  Our zombie army is COMPLETE!!!!

I'm all for it.